In the future ....

Elon  

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We hand more and more things over to automation to make life easier. Robot workers in factories, driverless trains, AGVs in warehouses/factories, etc. How many things do you have that are set and forget to allow you to carry on doing other stuff?

As much as I love driving, I would like to see driverless vehicles introduced. All road freight can move to driverless rigs. No more big rigs blocking all lanes, speeding, and no more driver fatigue related accidents. Lost your licence due to speeding or drunk driving? Your car is locked to autonomous mode only (you have your car and can still get around).

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Decades? You'd be surprised what a Tesla (and I am by no means a fanboy) can do today already. I've also had the privilege to ride in several autonomous test vehicles through my work and it is amazing

"right" as in "yes" I believe this will be the case. "wrong" in other ways. 

I'm a dog person. Cats offend me because their independence mocks my entitlement based ideology. Play-Doh is fun tho.?

23 minutes ago, Colt45 said:

And eliminate jobs for an ever increasing population. The machines will rise - we will be assimilated..... :wink2:

A good culling ala Hunger Games, or maybe we start making Soylent Green. That will fix things. :lol3:

• Haha 1

So what happens when 2 autonomous cars are heading on a collisions course. Maybe one car is carrying a mother and child, the other car is carrying a single male or female. Only one of the cars has the chance to not crash and burn. Will these cars talk to each other mid crash and figure out who’s life is more valuable? These things can get funky on a moral philosophical level. 

47 minutes ago, ohbob976 said:

So what happens when 2 autonomous cars are heading on a collisions course. Maybe one car is carrying a mother and child, the other car is carrying a single male or female. Only one of the cars has the chance to not crash and burn. Will these cars talk to each other mid crash and figure out who’s life is more valuable? These things can get funky on a moral philosophical level. 

The answer is obvious, isn't it?

They will decide to crash head on and kill everyone. That way the person/s not killed won't have survivor's guilt.

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 7:23 PM, El Presidente said:

“I’m very convinced... In the future, people will want to outlaw people driving their own cars because they’ll be unsafe.”

Elon Musk 

Right or wrong? :cigar:

I'm saying "right" because we already have people (fanatics) telling us pretty much everything else. The smart people ignore them of course.

Right. But honestly what will happen is, young people won't learn to drive because they have to pay such huge insurance premiums due to their age, they'll use autonomous instead and never see the need. Insurance premiums for drivers who choose to drive themselves will begin to rise because they'll likely be less safe drivers than autonomous cars statistically.

Could we reach the point where people try to ban it altogether? Probably, but by that point I'm betting the vast majority won't know how to drive anyway.