it is about two years ago when we first posted about the first cannabis cigars and had a little bit of a laugh. 

Well haven't they come a long way!  Does this marketing look familiar?

https___blogs-images.forbes.com_warrenbobrow_files_2019_04_IMG_3977-1200x800.jpg

https___blogs-images.forbes.com_warrenbobrow_files_2019_04_IMG_3980-1200x800.jpg

I was reading the following article. There is a link at the bottom if you would like to read further. 

To refresh our collective memories, a cannagar is like a cigar, but only in shape. A cannagar contains no tobacco, whereas a cigar is totally tobacco. Sometimes cannabis is ground up and added to cigar tobacco. That is a blunt. But not always. Sometimes a blunt is rolled with a tobacco leaf as the mere skin of the blunt. Other times the blunt is a compilation of parts, but what kind of parts? Different ones of course! I'm generally not happy when I'm passed a blunt made with tobacco. PASS! I don't use tobacco in any form!

El Blunto caught my view because they are constructed in a manner that is near and dear to my heart. They do not burn your tongue with fire/smoke, and the size is just right for a sesh with a couple of friends. The cultivars are of the loud variety and they seem to do the trick with a minimum of fuss. A couple suggestions though. Invest in a cigar cutter, it makes your cannagar last longer when you practice good cigar practices. Try not to slobber all over a cannagar. It's OK to wet the tip a bit, but if you're sharing your cannagar that behavior is just gross. Fortunately the El Blunto Cannagars have a glass tip for easy swabbing between hits. Nice touch! Another suggestion is to never use a lighter when torching up a cannagar. They just don't get hot enough. You must use a mini-torch. They come in many styles, you should be able to find the one that works best for you.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/warrenbobrow/2019/04/10/el-blunto-cannagars-ultra-luxury-cannabis-experience/#2b49e2803a4c

• Haha 3

Guest Nekhyludov

PASS! I don't use psychotropic drugs in any form!

:lol:

This is the thing that irritates me about the cannabis industry - the snide contempt toward tobacco. They're inhaling smoke from burning dried plants :thinking:

The cannabis industry is the modern day whore of Babylon.  I mean that in the nicest possible way, as I know many people associated with the industry but their marketing gimmicks never cease to engender hilarity. 

• Like 1

*Weren't these the smokes that were being advertised for about $465 apiece or something??  :blink:

5 hours ago, BirdDog said:

I have a theory on this. People in the cannabis industry know that a large percentage of their market traditionally likes to enjoy their cannabis mixed with tobacco. Imagine that you are a “cannabis entrepreneur” you just spent the majority of your startup capital (7 figures) on state licensing/regulation/red tape, catering to the actual market and selling actual blunts/spliffs would require an impossible battle with the FDA/federal government just because you’re selling weed wrapped inside of tobacco leaf. The much more logical route is selling something that isn’t an actual “blunt” paired with trashy marketing that demonizes tobacco. Don’t blame the cannabis people, blame the feds.

Having been a pot smoker for the past 25 years, and having countless number of friends also partake, I don't know of a single person (no one) who would consider mixing tobacco with cannabis.

I don't know where this large percentage of the market who mixes tobacco and cannabis resides.

In fact, cannabis smokers (unfortunately) think tobacco is the devils plant, and would never consider mixing, or smoking it.

5 hours ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

Having been a pot smoker for the past 25 years, and having countless number of friends also partake, I don't know of a single person (no one) who would consider mixing tobacco with cannabis.

I don't know where this large percentage of the market who mixes tobacco and cannabis resides.

In fact, cannabis smokers (unfortunately) think tobacco is the devils plant, and would never consider mixing, or smoking it.

Maybe nowadays.  But I distinctly remember mixing a small amount of tobac with hash for my chillums.  :idea:  Er, I mean that is what I have heard.  :innocent:

12 hours ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

Just about anywhere outside of the US, the norm is to mix tobacco (cigarette tobacco) and weed.  Smoking pure weed is the minority outside of North America.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hey Guys bumping this thread, came across it as I was googling our brand, figured I'd stop in and give a little rundown. We only use top-shelf indoor cannabis testing at or above 20% THC. Each El Blunto is filled 1.75g of hand-ground cannabis, which is then hand-rolled in non-tobacco wraps with a glass tip. The reason we use a non-tobacco wrap is due to the fact that we are subject to CA Bureau of Cannabis Control regulation with prohibit the use and sale of tobacco products in any form. 

We really appreciate the feedback, we've worked really hard on them. They retail for $30-35 and can be found in dispensaries in the Los Angeles area. If yall have any questions about the product or the cannabis biz in general, lemme know. 

2 minutes ago, alberteinstones said:

Hey Guys bumping this thread, came across it as I was googling our brand, figured I'd stop in and give a little rundown. We only use top-shelf indoor cannabis testing at or above 20% THC. Each El Blunto is filled 1.75g of hand-ground cannabis, which is then hand-rolled in non-tobacco wraps with a glass tip. The reason we use a non-tobacco wrap is due to the fact that we are subject to CA Bureau of Cannabis Control regulation with prohibit the use and sale of tobacco products in any form. 

We really appreciate the feedback, we've worked really hard on them. They retail for $30-35 and can be found in dispensaries in the Los Angeles area. If yall have any questions about the product or the cannabis biz in general, lemme know. 

Cheers for the info and every success to you :thumbsup:

On 4/10/2019 at 2:42 PM, Nekhyludov said:

PASS! I don't use psychotropic drugs in any form!

:lol:

This is the thing that irritates me about the cannabis industry - the snide contempt toward tobacco. They're inhaling smoke from burning dried plants :thinking:

I think a lot of people that partake look for a natural organic product in their medical marijuana while almost every cigarette in stores is treated with chemicals and fertilizers and has so much additives. That my opinion on it but I know a lot of people that smoke both. Perhaps it’s just the people that have that contempt are the loudest. 

13 minutes ago, Subcomandante said:

I think a lot of people that partake look for a natural organic product in their medical marijuana while almost every cigarette in stores is treated with chemicals and fertilizers and has so much additives. That my opinion on it but I know a lot of people that smoke both. Perhaps it’s just the people that have that contempt are the loudest. 

It is not for me but where it is a legal product, it feels disingenuous for me not to support their right to grow. 

To be honest, the success of the cannabis industry may actually assist the cigar industry by providing an out to the  automatic connection to cigarettes and realigning it to the leeway cannabis appears to be receiving. 

It will be interesting to see how this will be marketed. Will it be considered for the more refined smoker or...

cheech-and-chong.thumb.jpg.f42e84f4bd3f65ac7116607c3d3e9582.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

Cheers for the info and every success to you :thumbsup:

Lots of problems in the marijuana industry up here in the Northwest right now. The local joke is 'if you want to make a million dollars growing weed, better start with two million'. Both Washington and Oregon states licensed too many growers and the supply has far outpaced the demand with a resulting plummet in prices.  Right now Oregon has over a 1 million pound surplus.... roughly enough for 6 years of retail sales at current levels, and no place to sell their product due to the Federal laws that prohibit out of state sales. It's not the cash cow that so many expected and lots of small and large growers are going broke as a result. The retailers however are doing great, so look for more goofy marketing like our friend with the glass top blunts. :-) IMHO, the big money in the future will be in the tinctures, salves and CBD products for medicinal use.

4 minutes ago, ImTripN2 said:

Lots of problems in the marijuana industry up here in the Northwest right now. The local joke is 'if you want to make a million dollars growing weed, better start with two million'. Both Washington and Oregon states licensed too many growers and the supply has far outpaced the demand with a resulting plummet in prices.  Right now Oregon has over a 1 million pound surplus.... roughly enough for 6 years of retail sales at current levels, and no place to sell their product due to the Federal laws that prohibit out of state sales. It's not the cash cow that so many expected and lots of small and large growers are going broke as a result. The retailers however are doing great, so look for more goofy marketing like our friend with the glass top blunts. :-) IMHO, the big money in the future will be in the tinctures, salves and CBD products for medicinal use.

I had dinner when OS recently with a dedicated fund manager in this field who's fund is buying licenses in the US and Canada as they come up. 

The long game appears to be well planned for.