"The federal government regulates drugs through the Controlled Substances Act (CSA) (21 U.S.C. § 811), which does not recognize the difference between medical and recreational use of marijuana. These laws are generally applied only against persons who possess, cultivate, or distribute large quantities of marijuana.

Under federal law, marijuana is treated like every other controlled substance, such as cocaine and heroin. The federal government places every controlled substance in a schedule, in principle according to its relative potential for abuse and medicinal value. Under the CSA, marijuana is classified as a Schedule I drug, which means that the federal government views marijuana as highly addictive and having no medical value. Doctors may not "prescribe" marijuana for medical use under federal law, though they can "recommend" its use under the First Amendment."

Once this changes and the Feds declassify from a Schedule 1, look out.... Big Pharma will push all their chips in the pot. No pun intended....

35 minutes ago, ImTripN2 said:

Once this changes and the Feds declassify from a Schedule 1, look out.... Big Pharma will push all their chips in the pot. No pun intended....

Bingo

Those who control the licenses are in for a payday

• 1 year later...
On 7/3/2019 at 4:07 PM, Drguano said:

It will be interesting to see how this will be marketed. Will it be considered for the more refined smoker or...

cheech-and-chong.thumb.jpg.f42e84f4bd3f65ac7116607c3d3e9582.jpg

Odd to be quoting my own post but this scene looks somewhat familiar...I wonder if the bloke on the left is wearing shoes and is this a video taped review? "Oh wow, man... we'll be back after the 14th third..."

• Haha 1