Habanos bands requiring a new update

1 minute ago, Fugu said:

Thanks, haven't heard of that yet. New band or just a regional? More yellowish, as I take it from the pic?

Not needed if you ask me....

Correct with the yellow and subtle gold above and below the text.  Not sure if it's going to be only for regionals going forward though

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MD Puffer said:

I'd rather they change the glue formulation so that they were easier to remove.

So not just me struggling to peel bands off?!? No problems with any non-Cuban cigars, but seems like every Cuban is a challenge. This can’t be that hard to fix?!? ?

So not just me struggling to peel bands off?!? No problems with any non-Cuban cigars, but seems like every Cuban is a challenge. This can’t be that hard to fix?!?

I personally don’t like bands on cigars while I’m smoking...would love unbanded. Not sure where Habanos gets the glue but It’s easier to tear the cigar in half than pull that band apart. Have to start carrying a letter opener in my kit to get them off!
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, ac031898 said:

I personally don’t like bands on cigars while I’m smoking...would love unbanded. Not sure where Habanos gets the glue but It’s easier to tear the cigar in half than pull that band apart. Have to start carrying a letter opener in my kit to get them off!

It’s funny when you get a Cuban band that comes off easily.  You almost feel like you should buy a lottery ticket!  ?

• Haha 2

It’s funny when you get a Cuban band that comes off easily.  You almost feel like you should buy a lottery ticket!  

It’s crossed my mind to slide the bands off when I get a shipment that has dried out a touch during transit....

I hate to admit it, the one and only reason I have never bought a box or even a single Vegas Robaina is because of the bands.  That big gold, glossy “R” ... terrible.  Really, it looks like cheap stick.  I know it’s not, but it doesn’t have that classic Cuban look.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, earthson said:

I do like the bands, but would be perfectly content if they came unbanded.

49 minutes ago, cmbarton said:

I hate to admit it, the one and only reason I have never bought a box or even a single Vegas Robaina is because of the bands.  That big gold, glossy “R” ... terrible.  Really, it looks like cheap stick.  I know it’s not, but it doesn’t have that classic Cuban look.

Regarding VR, they really could solve the issue by simply dropping the bands.  It's a marca which celebrates a famous farm and a legendary farmer...if any cigar doesn't need a band, it's VR.  Farm rolls don't have bands.  Make it all about the tobacco on that one.  And while their at it, they could actually use only Robaina wrappers.  For the cost of the bands, print a little certificate stating where the wrappers were grown.  That can't be that hard to make happen.  It's a niche brand.  It would give VR some real backbone and probably help it along.

A VR I'd be into:  Ditch the cheap bands.  Use only Robaina wrapper leaves.  Maybe offer them in cabs so they don't get box-pressed.  :cigar:

• Like 1