RIP to a friend

Sorry to hear of this, it’s never easy, I know. Ironically I read this post while at the vet today to send our oldest cat Tigger on to a better, less painful place. The old man’s at peace now.

Tonight I toast to Tigger and Merlin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Islandboy said:

Sorry to hear of this, it’s never easy, I know. Ironically I read this post while at the vet today to send our oldest cat Tigger on to a better, less painful place. The old man’s at peace now.

Tonight I toast to Tigger and Merlin.

Thanks @Islandboy and my condolences to you too. I'll join you in that toast this evening. I'll pick out a special cigar and a single malt. Sad but also good that they are both now at peace. To Tigger & Merlin.

• Thanks 2

Sorry to hear about your loss of a good friend. 

When a pet dies, I always find it very comforting to think about the fact that so man animals don't get wonderful life your cat would of had, and although terribly sad, your cat effectively won the lottery in having you as it's owner, and when one thinks about it like that, it tends to sooth any melancholy thoughts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 99call said:

When a pet dies, I always find it very comforting to think about the fact that so man animals don't get wonderful life your cat would of had, and although terribly sad, your cat effectively won the lottery in having you as it's owner, and when one thinks about it like that, it tends to sooth any melancholy thoughts. 

Agreed.  Lost my cat, Torrey, late last year. ?  I always told him how lucky he was.  Even after he put tooth holes in my cigar box lids.

RIP to all the cats who once graced our lives.
RIP Merlin.
RIP Tigger.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 99call said:

Sorry to hear about your loss of a good friend. 

Thanks @99call, that is a very comforting way to think about it.

I have lost a mother and two of my very best friends, one of which was the best man at my wedding and my best friend since we were in kindergarten. Losing a pet is extremely difficult. Very sorry for your loss. We are lucky to have had them in our lives. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1