Cohiba Behike questions

Since Cohiba Behikes are scarce, what would BOTL recommend as a comparable alternative to the Behike. I think El Presidente referenced an alternative in another thread, but I could not find it again.

Also, I am pretty sure I have a fake Behike, even thou it appears to be a very good Knock-Off with the construction and band features. What are these people offering as Fake Behikes.

The boards feedback is greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

There is no de facto BHK alternative.  What El Pres did mention is that for some, the Partagas E2's filled the void because they were being rolled at El Laguito and legend has it, they used the same tobacco blend, minus the medio tiempe leaf.  That leaf is scarce and is the key ingredient in the Behike line. i think the factory code to look for was AMO during 2017.  Maybe 2016?   Each of the three Behikes are blended differently as well. The 52 is more of a balance between the 54 and 56.  The 54 I find, is a very rich and bold cigar, whereas the 56 is a more subtle , but still complex smoking experience.  I'll make a comparison to drinks. :)  A BHK52 is like a Rum and Coke. A BHK54 is like a straight rum or Cognac and the BHK56 is like a fine Champagne. 

Behikes can be found on the secondary market, but they are expensive.  Maybe some will come up once the FOH Auction board gets finalized? 

But,in short. Look for Partagas E2's and whatever else our learned members suggest in this thread.  :ok:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bundwallah said:

There is no de facto BHK alternative.  What El Pres did mention is that for some, the Partagas E2's filled the void because they were being rolled at El Laguito and legend has it, they used the same tobacco blend, minus the medio tiempe leaf.  That leaf is scarce and is the key ingredient in the Behike line. i think the factory code to look for was AMO during 2017.  Maybe 2016?   Each of the three Behikes are blended differently as well. The 52 is more of a balance between the 54 and 56.  The 54 I find, is a very rich and bold cigar, whereas the 56 is a more subtle , but still complex smoking experience.  I'll make a comparison to drinks. :)  A BHK52 is like a Rum and Coke. A BHK54 is like a straight rum or Cognac and the BHK56 is like a fine Champagne. 

Behikes can be found on the secondary market, but they are expensive.  Maybe some will come up once the FOH Auction board gets finalized? 

But,in short. Look for Partagas E2's and whatever else our learned members suggest in this thread.  :ok:

image.png.ae7f8abb3428b97cf7c15b4cf9e69266.png

• Like 1

I just smoked the last BHK52 from my AMO Ago 15 box on New Year’s eve, and like all 9 before it, wasn’t blown away at all. My 2016 CoRo’s are similar but better tasting IMO. That said, I did have a single BHK54 a while back that completely knocked my socks off - I can’t think of anything that compares to it.

Had a PSE2 last night...what a treat. I guess it could be similar to BHK, but to me it’s right up there with a Siglo VI.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cbenham73 said:

@bundwallah thank you for the feedback. I am going to Cuba soon and will definitely look for those Partagas E2s. Also, I like the drink comparison, very well done!!!

I have to second the E2 sentiment.  I am damn impressed by them, and frankly have gotten more out of them then any of the Behikes I've had.  The richness and complexity is all there.  I've had no better in terms of construction either.  If offered both, I would select the Behike only because of the novelty.  Certainly can't say they're better though.     

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, nKostyan said:

Also very praise custom B52 rolled by Alejandro Gonzalez Arias. I bought a dozen, but they're still acclimatising...

Yes, those Alex customs are known as Behike 52s due to having the same size. Sure, they're not Behike 52s (nothing is except the original), but I have, on occasion, enjoyed that 'citrus zest' twang similarly found in Behikes out Alex's customs in the past myself.

• JohnS changed the title to Cohiba Behike questions
42 minutes ago, Lotusguy said:

Behike have really gone to **** if they taste like E2...

Alternatively, according to El Pres, E2 have really improved if they are being touted as a Behike replacement. Yeah, I know, it's all a matter of perspective! ^_^ Personally, I'm now really looking forward to the Partagas Serie E No.2 in my 2018 Christmas Sampler.

Behike’s are supposed to be the crem dela crem of Cuban tobacco....if you want something comparable smoke a Sir Winston....taste wise hopefully both are unique....but when on they both share a delicious vanilla cream mouth coating flavor❤️

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CaptainQuintero said:

The Cohiba Piramides Extra is often touted as being a brother to them but I've no idea on availability nowadays

available in our area, not sure if in other countries as well. Prefer them in tubos, definetly delicious cigar!

Speaking on PSE 2 smoked few from the box SOM DIC 15 and I would say that was great! 

Behike devotees (I know more than a few :D) have purchased and smoked Partagas E2 and Connie A "during the drought".  If the Siglo VI was around they would have also purchased those. 

They voted with their money.  

Neither cigar is a mirror image.  Both provide flavour and refinement in similar sizing. 

• Like 2

@Derboesekoenig

A friend who introduced me to the cigar hobby gives them too me. It actually was one of the first cigars I had. I did some of the tests I found on YouTube to verify their authenicity, like standing on its foot, compaction of the filler, and small details of the band. The give away was that they came in a box of 20 and the box was no where near the quality of what I seen in my research. The smoke was pretty good however. I still keep some in my humidor.

As always, @bundwallah gives you a great review and advice. May I add, that many cigars from here need a couple of years to absolutely smoke like your Behike description? 

With 5 years or more:

Cohiba III, Partagas 898, Hoyo GR, RyJ Cazadores 

Others may like their favourites of course.

CB

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, cbenham73 said:

Here are some pics of the fake Behikes I have.

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

The filler pack at the feet look like the real deal if they are indeed fakes. They look rolled by someone who is proficient at the task

• Like 1

I love the boxes. They are nothing short of beautiful. I posted about some BHK 56 I got that I believe were fake...they wouldn't sell me the box, and I think they had 7 or so total. But mine I think look even better than yours. Haven't tried the ones I bought yet. Only bought a few. But I only have BHK 52 to compare. I still need to grab some 54 and 56. 

• Like 1