Montecristo Linea 1935

I was wondering what the members who went to the gala dinner thought of these? The Dumas is one I am particularly looking forward to trying. 

Montecristo Linea 1935 line. The new, ultra-premium addition to the Montecristo brand comes in three sizes: the Leyenda, which measures 6 1/2 inches by 55 ring gauge; the Maltes, 6 by 53; and the Dumas, 5/18 by 49. The cigars are blended to be stronger than the usual Montecristo, and they have an additional band with the Linea 1935 logo.

For those who have smoked them, let us know your initial thoughts. :thumbsup:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've always thought we needed a super premium Monte so that we can pay more for a similar smoking experience. Yay!

I didn't put to flame as I had an Esplendido on the go..probably will try one soon.Ajay and Sean (H&F) were on my table - Ajay said he liked the Maltes a lot (if I've not go it the wrong way round

I wasn't at the gala dinner but I smoked a Dumas at a party last Sunday. The cigar looked and felt very nice. To be honest my taste was shot by the end of 10 days of it. It was noticeably st

i'm also really interested in the Dumas. finally a robusto size Montecristo with a little more byte to it. hopefully people that tried it have good things to say!

23 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

I don't know....I might go the radical route and wait until they arrive.. trying a few....and then passing judgement :rolleyes:

If they are quality full bodied Monte's then it is indeed something different and maybe worthwhile. I throughly enjoy a Monte 2 but often would love another kick up in body. 

If it turns out to be a Monte Open marketing play then they will cop what they deserve. 

Only after smoking a few am I entitled to an opinion? Feel free to send me a few and I'll write some reviews. Until then, I know they will be more expensive than the regular Monte line and I am passing judgement on that fact.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, archosaur said:

:rotfl:

Oh, come on now.  They have three bands and a fancy box!  Fork over the money!!

montecristo1935cc.jpg

Ugh.  Now their boxes are starting to look NC boxes?  The cigars should be the stars, not the boxes!  For GR's I can see the need to make the box fancy.  Bigger RG, less cigars per box and NC style boxes.  The future of Cuban cigars is non Cuban cigar marketing?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

The future of Cuban Boxes (actually all manufacturers) is plain and bandless. It will be legislated upon them once the key global markets fall to the drum of the Health Nazis. 20 years I suspect. 

I quite like the idea of bundles of Monte X ..bandless, simple ribbon. Throwback in many ways. 

Yikes. As if authenticity wasn't hard enough to guarantee.  :tantrum:  A part of that has been the fancier boxes, but given that even those can be easily found in large quantities it's almost moot.

3 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I only question the assertion " so that we can pay more for a similar smoking experience. Yay"

How in Christ would you know that it is a similar smoking experience?

It's a Cuban cigar. They don't differ by huge degrees. All the blind tastings through the years here and elsewhere has shown that what we taste is heavily influenced by what we expect. Of course there is variation between cigars, but they are generally similar on more levels than dissimilar.

Still, not actually having tried any, it is possible that they taste like a double cheeseburger with smoked thick cut Canadian bacon, Kimchi, strawberries dipped in sea water. That would be pretty unique and I would stand corrected.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would be interested in seeing the price point these come in at. Surely they can't be at/above the Behike, but then again stranger things have happened. I think the examples I have seen so far look great and I may be going against the grain but I like the presentation. I don't think we should pay extra for more bands or shiny boxes, but if you are paying mega-bucks for a cigar then the box may as well look nice too!

Hopefully they will be priced fairly sensibly and readily available so I can try one. When they reach the market is another question entirely!

• Like 1

They look ridiculous with the foot band. Utterly awful marketing. In a lot of ways I agree with shlomo here although I will wait until I have smoked one or two to see if they are worth it.  

• Like 1