Ran out. The one cigar you miss.

11 hours ago, PigFish said:

... I am awful at sending cigars, that is the caveat! I have a box on my desk for a brother in Chi-town... and I promised a vet (new guy) that I would send him a couple of Cohibas after he got stung on some frauds...! I hate going to the post!

With all the caveats out of the way, I am sure I have a few of these left and if you want one it is yours. LMK... YF, Ray

Ray, many thanks mate for your kind offer - PM sent.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bolívar Coronas Extra Still trying to wrap my head around that discontinuation. This particular cigar is dearly missed.  

Bolivar Coronas Extra.    

Hear, hear! ...yum!

I sure do miss those Upmann Super Coronas too. RA cab coronas, PC's, 898's, Bolivar coronas and CE's, Partagas Selection Privada #1, Bolivar Lonsdales...the list is getting pretty long :(

I think the box I miss more than any was Bolivar Lonsdales from 1993. I can still taste that old Bolivar blend. Nothing but great memories from those.

3 hours ago, BossHog said:

Bolívar Coronas Extra

+1. Plus the Upmann TraHuRo.

RS11+RS12 when they disappear from my humi.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2016 at 6:21 AM, El Presidente said:

Had some from 2012. 

I haven't seen them available for near on three years now (25's). Coffins from 2013. 

The biggest problem I have with them is damage to the foot of the cigars. Problematic. 

On 3/7/2017 at 6:51 PM, Nekhyludov said:

What do you think of the Excelencias? I've been tempted to pick up a box, but at the current markup I've hesitated. Worth $29 a stick?

The one I smoked was great, but young. I want to give the others 5 years. For me they were worth it because they were of special significance in marking the opening Barack Obama made to Cuba. For me, NO cigar is worth $29 bucks just on price, I find plenty of great cigars for $10 or less.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2017 at 4:04 AM, Booyaa said:

Bolivar Gold Medals. Never had a bad one, wonderful smoke, well missed and were always at a great price point. The only downside to these was the garish gold sleeve!

I was such an idiot. Didn't know these would be "rare" or discontinued. Bought three boxes, sticks well under $10U.S. a piece. Smoked em like they were a cab of party shorts, no thought to the idea of not being able to buy more. 

Ugh. Live and learn 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rhcolbert said:

I was such an idiot. Didn't know these would be "rare" or discontinued. Bought three boxes, sticks well under $10U.S. a piece. Smoked em like they were a cab of party shorts, no thought to the idea of not being able to buy more.

Seems you liked them - that's all what counts, isn't it?

• Like 2

Punch Ninfas.  Had about 8 of them. Down to my last two. Tastiest Punch I've ever had.  Very hard to resist.  They're 2005's so I'm stuck between moving too fast or waiting too long and risking them losing some of their flavour.  I may have to smoke one this Spring to find out.  :)  Runners up: BCE, QdO Panatelas.

• Like 1

I smoked my last Upmann Super Corona Sunday. 

It wasn't pretty. Beaten up in the back recesses of a singles draw. I had a few boxes I had kept for myself but started smoking them down in 2012. They had just reached that point where I thought they were losing a little too much of that nut, cream and cake element that I so much enjoy. When a cigar consistently smokes at a 96+ level.....I am not sure what I am hoping to achieve by laying them down any longer. 

Ugly betty was a cracking cigar Sunday. It is an awful feeling when you rest a cigar in the ashtray ...likely for the last time. 

I've still got a box of these hiding in the back of my humidor and a half box I take singles from. They did get a little light for awhile but think they might be coming back a little bit now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is not even that far gone but unfortunately its gone...Ramone Allones AE EL 11. Easily my favorite CC of all time...I've enjoyed many cigars over the last 8 years but this one just put me in a special place. Smoked my very last one on New year's. So if any of you guys have any laying around that you aren't fond of I'll gladly take them off your hands...lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Boli Short Boli has already been mentioned, and they may be my all time favorite cigar.  Oh how i miss them!!   Second place would have to go to Punch Portugal RE.  ( I cheated. Still have one of these. Saving it for a special occasion later this month. lol)

Lonsdales....pretty much all of the great ones are gone...

I am with PigFish that there are far too many to name, I would say I miss more vitolas than I currently enjoy.....So many great Petite Coronas from the 90's are gone, sticks with great flavor and range. Sure there were more plugged sticks and varience but the tobacco itself was stronger and cheaper.

I liked not having to debate between some stupid LE or RE or whatever and just picking the good tried and true cigars out there.

SLR PC's what a great stick, SLR Lonsdale, RG Lonsdale, LGC Tainos or #1....this thread sucks :)

• Like 3

On 8 March 2017 at 6:30 AM, TheFullMontecristo said:

+1 on the 03 Des Dieux. Although some had that tight draw, they were so flavorful (some almost like vanilla ice cream) I wish I had hung on to few and not smoked them all down.

I'll second that. I still have about 18 sticks from a March 2003 box that I dip into once a year on my birthday (in March of course!). Hopefully I'll live long enough to finish the box :P

• 1 month later...