Ran out. The one cigar you miss.

I smoked my last Upmann Super Corona Sunday. 

It wasn't pretty. Beaten up in the back recesses of a singles draw. I had a few boxes I had kept for myself but started smoking them down in 2012. They had just reached that point where I thought they were losing a little too much of that nut, cream and cake element that I so much enjoy. When a cigar consistently smokes at a 96+ level.....I am not sure what I am hoping to achieve by laying them down any longer. 

Ugly betty was a cracking cigar Sunday. It is an awful feeling when you rest a cigar in the ashtray ...likely for the last time. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bolívar Coronas Extra Still trying to wrap my head around that discontinuation. This particular cigar is dearly missed.  

Bolivar Coronas Extra.    

Hear, hear! ...yum!

UPE NOV 12 Royal Robusto. ? I lament at every visit to my storage. 

There are a few I guess I wish were still around - Partagas SdC line, Bolivar CE, HdM Churchill, the soon to be gone Bolivar CG, etc. But one I do wish I had more of is the '03 Partagas de Partagas No.1. For me it's the kind of cigar I'd be happy to smoke exclusively.

• Like 1

Speaking of non-renewable resources, Partagas Serie du Connaisseur No. 1 is one that will be missed greatly. Although still available for purchase, good boxes are rare finds and their contents will also run out faster than oil on the planet.

• Like 1

2003 Siglo 6--I only had 3 of them I believe, but wow were they awesome cigars.  I recall them being the cigar which gave me the "Cohiba Revelation" so to speak.  Also I am with Ken in that I've never heard of anyone smoking a 2002 Siglo 6...not that my ear is to the ground on this issue but the 03 is always the one comes up in conversations it seems.   Great cigar.  

The list is long and distinguished... I am not going to rant on and on because I still have many of them. What I miss is being able to replace them...! What I miss is a genuinely high quality cigar, made in various sizes, that are no longer made. I miss the concept of fitting a cigar to the customer, and not fitting the customer to the cigar that just happens to have multiple bands and costs twice as much as its worth...

Here is one that I no longer have... the RA Coronas! This was a far better cigar than the RASS ever was as the RAPC is far better than most PC's found today. I miss the Bolivar Demi Tasse and the Partagas Tres PC, and a plethora of PC's that are no longer made.

Frankly I cannot just pick up a PLPC or a Boli PC and get the same cigar. I wish I could, and I would not bitch (as much)!

I miss the Punch Coronas... I miss.........

....oh, the hell with it!!! -Piggy

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, topdiesel said:

Molinos

There was a lady I had a wonderful few evenings with a similar surname. I miss the smokes as much as those days with that beautiful Seminole-Spanish woman. WAY outta my league 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SenorPerfecto said:

I'm not lucky enough to have been able to fall in love with any CCs that I can no longer get (unless you count Bushies).

As for NCs, I'm down to my last handful of Las Calaveras 2014 and thos earen't going to come back anywhere except the secondary market, and way too dear to stock back up on.

Pretty sure Crowned Heads re-released the 2014 Las Calaveras blend under a new line "La Imperirosa"
From what I read at the time, its exactly the same as the LC blend just with a different band on it

Taken from Halfwheel review- http://halfwheel.com/la-imperiosa-magicos/94231

Earlier this year, Crowned Heads answered the request from many of its retailers and consumers—can you make more Las Calaveras 2014?
The company announced that the blend from its extremely popular Las Calaveras Edición Limitada 2014 would return in the form of La Imperiosa, the fifth regular production line from Crowned Heads. While the blend is described as the same—Ecuadorian habano oscuro wrapper covering binder and filler tobaccos from Nicaragua—it’s not identical in shape or name.

• Like 1

If price is a barrier, then 1966. Couldn't compete for those recent boxes offered by our host.

17 minutes ago, SenorPerfecto said:

I find the Imperiosa to be a good cigar -- but not the transcendant experience of the 2014 Las Cal.

Also, is your avatar from the Las Cal box? Very cool and very similar!

Ah, fair enough. I've not tried the Imperiosa, so I cant comment, but I did enjoy the 2014 LC quite a bit

My avatar is actually a tattoo I have on my torso. I got it before the LC came out, so crowned heads are biting my style ;-)

Diplomaticos #4 and #5. I found these intense and loved them in small doses. Just don't want to smoke a full #2. I have some of the Cuban Regionals, thank heavens, but I grieve the lack of small Dips to buy in volume and age. Making it even more grievous, I had a box seized by US Customs years ago, it couldn't be replaced.

Dip 5s were the first Habanos I ever purchased, from my cigar mentor, Chuck (Tampa1257) so they are even more special to me.

• Like 2

Guest Nekhyludov
4 minutes ago, Professor Twain said:

I have some of the Cuban Regionals, thank heavens, but I grieve the lack of small Dips to buy in volume and age.

What do you think of the Excelencias? I've been tempted to pick up a box, but at the current markup I've hesitated. Worth $29 a stick?