Good decent torch lighter?

I've use this for Colibri ftr 37000 for almost 20 years so I feel like I'm cheating on it. I just recently got this triple torch and highly recommend for the price. e2694a938db26c20bea16c025a06fb38.jpgff7a458f1758ab0c84e07fa57dd05e3e.jpg90279987754e4c859f1442bd0719b4c9.jpg58df33c1b058a6d541f67ca7042ae30e.jpg

$9.99 with a free (crappy no doubt) cutter....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vertigo-Cyclone-Triple-Torch-Lighter-Clear-CIGAR-CUTTER-/322358720741?hash=item4b0e13b8e5:g:O7IAAOSwEzxYUDwT

:rotfl:
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FOH lighter.

Really like my Xikar Turrim.  LOVE my Xikar Axia.  Only regret for the Axia is limited fuel tank.  FOH lighter is for travel.   - MG  

I use an Iroda  (same as FOH lighter) exclusively when at home. I have 5 or 6 "pocket" lighters for B&M. I like my xikar vitara but honestly i don't see the point on spending big $$$ on lighters.

Xikar Element. Been using this exclusively for years without issue. If it dies, I send it back and they send you a new one. How can you possibly beat that??!!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, BEVOSREVENGE said:

I don't buy expensive lighters anymore because I lose them.  So, when @Bohn007 lends me his shiny new ST Dupont at Camp W, consider that sucker lost bud!:rolleyes:

Have one of each of the following and the first one you can actually put in your pocket.  Make sure you use the 10,000,000,000 X refined butane, which is the key with any lighter.:D

@BEVOSREVENGE, my lighter is always your lighter but if you lose it, you will have to discuss it with the wife....... :)

1 hour ago, Bohn007 said:

@BEVOSREVENGE, my lighter is always your lighter but if you lose it, you will have to discuss it with the wife....... :)

It's probably best that we just rub two sticks together; I'd rather she get pissed at me for encouraging you to buy some exotic, grail box of cigars! :D

Past two years getting by on $4.99 cheapo lighter that looks like the Eagle.  All I have ever done is

fill it up.

3 hours ago, SaintMickey® said:

I like that!! I just found it on Amazon Prime for 10 bucks ...and it's on the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Youtube the mod. It is simple to do and will give you a better flame and easier ignition

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, burntpowder said:

I have a Xikar table lighter that I love but also bring out this one out for guests.

a247bda8ddb7b08ccdfee38ed23b6041.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That's what I ended up using last night....kinda big for the pocket....  ;)

• Like 1

I just started using the Xikar Xidris - single flame torch...it's a new item.

Very slim and seems to work great.

I stopped using the 3 flame units I had - they went through butane so fast and were actually harder to light.

On 12/24/2016 at 0:57 AM, NSXCIGAR said:

Best, low-cost and most reliable torch I've ever used is the Eagle torch:

large_eagle-angle-single-torch-nozzle-bl

However, it's a bit on the larger side and I like a premium lighter with a built-in punch.

I bought two of these (different brand name, same exact lighter) on sale for about $10/each about 2 years ago and they have served me very well. They have a big clear tank, very reliable, refillable and they have a flame lock-out. They're a bit big to carry in the pocket, but best value I have found in over 20 years.

I've had too many "premiums" fail or get lost, and a couple confiscated at airports, so now this is my go to lighter. I just wish I had a couple more in reserve.  

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

Just ordered a couple more of the Eagle torch lighters.... stocking stuffers for me! $5.49 including shipping from Amazon, can't beat that :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I took @PigFish's recommendation and bought a Zippo and replaced the original insert with a Z-plus single torch insert. Its a wee ripper and so far seems more reliable than the FOH/Iroda, I had two of those and they were both twitchy. The first one f'd up almost immediately, so Diana kindly sent me another which was always needing fiddling with the gas flow to get it to light reliably. Another problem with the Iroda or any other pocket lighter with an exposed burner, it gets crap caught in it that messes with the air flow. This isn't going to happen with a Zippo.

5a3359fc75233_IMG_20171215_1608007561.thumb.jpg.62127830449d03b048b0c6dcce978c55.jpg

6 hours ago, Philc2001 said:

Just ordered a couple more of the Eagle torch lighters.... stocking stuffers for me! $5.49 including shipping from Amazon, can't beat that :thumbsup:

https://www.amazon.ca/Adjustable-Windproof-Refillable-Cigarette-Lighters/dp/B01N52LHIE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1513315129&sr=8-5&keywords=eagle+torch

$55 here....LOL

On 2016-12-24 at 3:09 PM, clutch5150 said:

Older thread that might help?

That is a picture of my Porsche torch on that thread lol. It has been my fave for a few years now. But we also have lots of Bic lighters.

CB5FE5004D-9F11-4382-853F-FF717CBE7B50.thumb.jpeg.a7a71a6865773eee792869e1e228ab8b.jpeg

I have a Xikar Executive lighter that I`ve been using for past 6 years and a cheap $10 triple torch lighter from the local B&M. 

I use the Xikar most of the time but whenever I`m on the golf course or it`s windy outside, the triple torch is my go to. 

I've had good luck with this Xikar. Since I don't often smoke outside I use a Bic. I'm done with fancy lighters, they never seem to hold up for me, but this Xikar is pretty good for the $30 and as mentioned it has the guarantee.

525cl.jpg

I use vector, blazer, st duponts. I collect them. Blazer has been the most consistent.

Just recently got a Colibri Rally, great lighter, feels nice and weighty in the hand. And you can see how much juice is left.
I've asked Santa for a Xikar Turrim so I can pretend I'm in Men In Black, wiping people's memories... 047e42c45281ccd4ffb394926a82e3d2.jpg06b6855e5593c06060b7e4554ccc0f39.jpg

Thunder & Lightening '75 - '15

• Like 1