Good decent torch lighter?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FOH lighter.

Really like my Xikar Turrim.  LOVE my Xikar Axia.  Only regret for the Axia is limited fuel tank.  FOH lighter is for travel.   - MG  

I use an Iroda  (same as FOH lighter) exclusively when at home. I have 5 or 6 "pocket" lighters for B&M. I like my xikar vitara but honestly i don't see the point on spending big $$$ on lighters.

1 minute ago, jazzboypro said:

I use an Iroda  (same as FOH lighter) exclusively when at home. I have 5 or 6 "pocket" lighters for B&M. I like my xikar vitara but honestly i don't see the point on spending big $$$ on lighters.

I thought the same but have had bad luck with the cheap crap

I guess it depends on how long you are expecting them to last. I've been using the same Iroda for 2 years (Around 14$ over here) I have a Xikar Genesis that worked for about 6 months and was worth much more.

• Like 1

And i have a tendency to lose them so in my case i have to be careful. The only reason i bought my Xikar Vitara is because i had a really good deal on it (46$ delivered to my door). I had one 2 years ago but lost it !!

• Like 1

I have used $300 lighters (Bugatti) all the way through to the Iroda/FOH lighter. In the end I use the FOH Iroda lighter 99% of the time. Inexpensive, works. Excellent to travel with. 

Nothing wrong with having a few lighters. I love the feel of top end lighters. I just love the practicality of the Iroda/FOH lighter with a spare fuel insert. 

• Like 2

Best, low-cost and most reliable torch I've ever used is the Eagle torch:

large_eagle-angle-single-torch-nozzle-bl

However, it's a bit on the larger side and I like a premium lighter with a built-in punch. I have a Colibri that I use but I'm not that happy with it and was seriously considering the Vertigo by Lotus Triple Jet after doing some research and reading reviews. You can pick one up for under $30:

new-vertigo-by-lotus-sonic-triple-torch-

• Like 2

In the same vein as @NSXCIGAR this is the lighter I have with me all the time.  It rarely fails, it's $3, and oftentimes I find myself using it when one of my much more expensive lighters fail.  Love the Iroda/FOH but use it for traveling and it almost set my car on fire once (my fault and I still love it).  But this Eagle El Cheapo is superb I think.  Had this one in my car for 2 years and I just keep filling it up and it keeps lighting cigars perfectly.  

IMG_0340.JPG

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zeedubbya said:

In the same vein as @NSXCIGAR this is the lighter I have with me all the time.  It rarely fails, it's $3, and oftentimes I find myself using it when one of my much more expensive lighters fail...

I do like those Eagles but the tip gets so damn hot and will scald you. The metal tip isn't insulated like the larger one. They're small, cheap and super reliable though.

2 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I do like those Eagles but the tip gets so damn hot and will scald you. The metal tip isn't insulated like the larger one. They're small, cheap and super reliable though.

Yeah I made the mistake of touching the tip of that thing a couple times and that's a painful lesson.  Sometimes putting the cap back on will burn my finger if I forget to wait.  The hardened steel chain option--gotta love that.  

I have a Vector Duke which has both soft flame and torch I like pretty well but it runs out of fluid so fast.  They're very cheap as well (think around $30).  I feel like this is an issue of buy one super high end like a real ST DuPont or go cheap.  All the in betweens I have owned have been disappointing in one way or another??  

14 minutes ago, feral said:

Cheap $10 Jetline that I seem to have misplaced again. It's going on 4 years I think. I haven't had a xikar last half as long and trade them in all the time.

I use a Jetline as well. Getting a DuPonte for Christmas but the Jetline never fails me at Camp Winnepesauke 

IMG_0023.JPG

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

I have used $300 lighters (Bugatti) all the way through to the Iroda/FOH lighter. In the end I use the FOH Iroda lighter 99% of the time. Inexpensive, works. Excellent to travel with. 

Nothing wrong with having a few lighters. I love the feel of top end lighters. I just love the practicality of the Iroda/FOH lighter with a spare fuel insert. 

Two inserts lasted through the Cuba trip. That's a lot of cigars lit. :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, Bohn007 said:

I use a Jetline as well. Getting a DuPonte for Christmas but the Jetline never fails me at Camp Winnepesauke 

IMG_0023.JPG

Just plug it in to recharge, huh?  :rotfl:

Seriously, compact is why I mentioned the Xikar Element.   Dual flame so it has the power, tip self covers so you don't get burned and it packs a punch in the bottom.   Lifetime warranty with a quick turn around.  I sent one of their Statosphere (I actually have 6 of their lighters scattered about, Element being the favorite) lighters back and had a brand new (and updated) replacement within two weeks.   There are SO many good lighters out there I think this thread could go on for ages.

Good luck deciding!!

I don't buy expensive lighters anymore because I lose them.  So, when @Bohn007 lends me his shiny new ST Dupont at Camp W, consider that sucker lost bud!:rolleyes:

Have one of each of the following and the first one you can actually put in your pocket.  Make sure you use the 10,000,000,000 X refined butane, which is the key with any lighter.:D

vert_cycl_clear_large.jpeg

Cyclone_2_clear_large.jpg

• Like 1