How many cigars do you own?

How many cigars are there in your humidors/tupperdors/locker?  

487 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Stopped counting at 7

A much more sane number. Hey - they have a better record of appreciation than my stock portfolio - even counting the continuing losses through small fires :lookaround:

• Like 4

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More than I need, fewer than I want.

Just enough (barely) to trim a tiny bit from the inescapable angst over never, ever, having enough Not enough to defeat the utter conviction I must seriously step up my purchases Just enough that it

I get the feeling it would be easier for some guys here to count the number of boxes

I kind of estimated the number of boxes I have, then multiplied by 25 to come up with a rough estimate. I have singles too, but I store them in boxes. Oh crap, just remembered the boxes I have being stored by our host, another 16 boxes.

As others have said, I have more than I need but not as many as I want.

And I just looked back at my office humidor and my to ammo boxes in the office and realized I missed another 10 boxes.

hopefully enough to make it if the tobacco Nazis ban the sale of cigars in the future.

That is one of the main reasons I buy in quantities that would make a normal person think I'm crazy. I have a good feeling that in 20 years time, one will have a very hard time getting their hands on a box of fine Havana cigars without paying an outrageous price on top of it being an illegal product. Cuban cigars are one of my few pleasures that I allow myself. I don't drink anymore, or very rarely, and I don't do drugs nor frequent brothels or the company of women of ill repute so Cuban cigars are my one and only guilty pleasure although nothing about them makes me feel guilty.

I will continue to purchase at a maddening pace until the quality goes down considerably or I'm no longer able to acquire them.

• Like 4

That is one of the main reasons I buy in quantities that would make a normal person think I'm crazy. I have a good feeling that in 20 years time, one will have a very hard time getting their hands on a box of fine Havana cigars without paying an outrageous price on top of it being an illegal product. Cuban cigars are one of my few pleasures that I allow myself. I don't drink anymore, or very rarely, and I don't do drugs nor frequent brothels or the company of women of ill repute so Cuban cigars are my one and only guilty pleasure although nothing about them makes me feel guilty.

I will continue to purchase at a maddening pace until the quality goes down considerably or I'm no longer able to acquire them.

One thing to also think of is the lifting of the embargo. When that happens over time the Cuban economy will change. Their growing of tobacco may be replaced by other crops marketable in the USA that make more money. You may in time see the Cuban cigar industry shrink and prices go up. As anti-smoking pressure continues to grow all over the world you will see Cuba fall in line. My guess would be that in 10-20 years the Cuban cigar industry is half it's size made up of 4-5 large brands like Monte, Cohiba, Partagas, Upmann and Hoyo producing very good high priced cigars. It won't disappear completely, but it will be nothing like it is today. That's the other reason to stock up now and buy twice, or more, what you smoke annually if you can afford it.

• Like 2