How many cigars do you own?

How many cigars are there in your humidors/tupperdors/locker?  

487 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More than I need, fewer than I want.

Just enough (barely) to trim a tiny bit from the inescapable angst over never, ever, having enough Not enough to defeat the utter conviction I must seriously step up my purchases Just enough that it

I get the feeling it would be easier for some guys here to count the number of boxes

I hate even thinking about this, as then I must address whether or not I have a problem.

I have a wineador with 5 full drawers and a couple of boxes on the top shelf, 150qt cooler 1/2 full of boxes, 2x 200ct desktop humis and a 150ct WWII ammodor 1/2-3/4 full.

Maybe I have a problem, as I was recently thinking about another wineador...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I just did a complete inventory, and I'm moving up in class...guess I need to change my vote.

Along with my inventory, I also calculated total dollars spent on cigars... blink.pnghelp.gif

I am OCD so I use the app Stogie Rate which does that for me...My wife cannot see the stats! You can keep track as you smoke or gift them. I give 30% of what I smoke...I need to be stingyrotfl.gif

Cool thing (I'm a geek) is you can export or import in CSV format! WOOT!

• Like 2

I keep a running spreadsheet of orders/trades/etc. so I know what I've bought, how many, when I bought them, what they cost and capture box codes for the most part. Only thing I don't do well is keep track of what I've smoked.

Could probably have a small property in a nice place given the total spent.....

• Like 2

I don't ever want to know total dollars spent....

Good thought, best not to know!

I am guessing the 1300 range. I want to increase it to 3-3500 range within 2 years for just my personal consumption. That should be good for 10-15 years depending on how much I am able to smoke. I am gearing up for a major market shift in the next 5 years. If things are moving that way soon, I may even invest in larger amounts for re-sale...should be interesting.

I keep a running spreadsheet of orders/trades/etc. so I know what I've bought, how many, when I bought them, what they cost and capture box codes for the most part. Only thing I don't do well is keep track of what I've smoked.

I do the same, and I add data and features and graphs all the time. Can't imagine using a program or app that isn't available on a web browser for me to access from anywhere I might happen to be.

I am guessing the 1300 range. I want to increase it to 3-3500 range within 2 years for just my personal consumption. That should be good for 10-15 years depending on how much I am able to smoke. I am gearing up for a major market shift in the next 5 years. If things are moving that way soon, I may even invest in larger amounts for re-sale...should be interesting.

Curious about this "market shift" you're expecting. Do you mean the lifting of the US Embargo, and the feared drop in quality and/or availability, or perhaps a gradual increase in anti-smoking regulations and taxes? Or something else?

I do the same, and I add data and features and graphs all the time. Can't imagine using a program or app that isn't available on a web browser for me to access from anywhere I might happen to be.

The cool thing is you can export whenever u want allowing for a spreadsheet on demand. You can also create "collections" that will separate it all when exported.

Importing will be new to me soon as I usually buy boxes but have an event coming up soon that I will import and will let u all know how easy it is. Tracks ratings, pics, box dates, ages, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Curious about this "market shift" you're expecting. Do you mean the lifting of the US Embargo, and the feared drop in quality and/or availability, or perhaps a gradual increase in anti-smoking regulations and taxes? Or something else?

Good and justified question. With all the current anti-smoking legislation and with smoking in the public (bars/restaurants, hell - even lounges as we hear!...) becoming more and more hampered, cigar smoking may eventually perhaps become increasingly unpopular (?!! devil2.gif ). With or without embargo - in the end, just as prices might go up with increasing (US-) demand, there is a possibility that basic prices might likewise go down with decreasing global demand, and some day we may all sit on our valued, nicely aged but dearly bought stock?...whistle.gif

Just a provoking thought, even if it appears unlikely.

OT - missing your old avatar, Planetary...

• Like 1

I hear ya on this I'm starting to now stock up too here in Australia taxes are beyond a joke

Have 1 120qt cooler full of CCs very nearly full.

Have another that is 3/4 full of NCs.

Have a 60qt cooler that isn't being used but could... And then there's the 12 boxes in the OHS that I own but don't have possession yet...

I have enough to last me a few years

I'm also considering spreadsheeting it all, setting minimum stock levels and buy triggers.

Sad. But it's bloody addictive.

• Like 1

I treat cigars like I treat beer. I have enough so that I never get bored having to smoke/ drink the same thing day in and day out. Works for me but if you talk to my fiance I have too much beer and too many cigars taking up too much space in our place.