Boxpressed vs Round Cigars

147 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A 50 Cab of Round cigars is the most natural packaging for cigars known to mankind. Bring it back I say!

I really dont mind. A good cigar smokes great no matter of box pressed or round. No preference at all. Mind you I love 50 cabs but thats not because of its shape. Box pressed cigars can save rolling a

Never been a fan of the box press. Can't stand how some of these NCs are basically rectangular.

Box pressed just does not complete the experience for me. Hole in my head seals better around round cigars. Round cigars roll and transfer between fingers easier and fit smoothly in the rounded ashtray holder. I simply do not like to fidget with my cigar and I fidget with box pressed more than I do with round.

Slightly box pressed doesn't role away in windy conditions......

Like RASCC and RASS that are definitely not round, round D4 and 898 not less

Like most here, I'm not against a soft box-press if the cigar calls for it and as long as it doesn't affect the draw.

But also, ff the cigar is a larger ring-gauge, I actually do prefer a slight press. Otherwise, the only box-pressed cigar I'd reach for on purpose would be a Padron.

• 1 month later...

Was always a fan of box pressed cigars, but prefer ones that are truly square like offerings from Padron. Some of the new rectangle ones can be odd to smoke, but can still be quite good, like the Tatuaje TAA 2015.

Don't care as much now that I smoke round CCs a majority of the time. I think about it as part of the experience of different brands and feel that it is as much a part of a companies offering as the tobacco inside. You know the soft, round wrapper of a Behike like you know the maduro, box press of a Padron.

I'm like most here.

Prefer round, light box press OK (I've had some Monte 4s that were lightly box pressed.

I had some NCs 15-20 years ago- Henry Clay if I recall correctly, that at the time seemed great.

That seemed to be unusual though, as since that time I have not been happy with a square cigar.

I've always preferred round cigars, but don't really mind the press which comes naturally from dress box packaging. I've less of an affinity for intentionally pressed "tongue depressors".

I'm with you here. I appreciate naturally box-pressed cigars as those you see from well-aged dress boxes but not the "factory-pressed" permutations.....