Boxpressed vs Round Cigars

147 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A 50 Cab of Round cigars is the most natural packaging for cigars known to mankind. Bring it back I say!

I really dont mind. A good cigar smokes great no matter of box pressed or round. No preference at all. Mind you I love 50 cabs but thats not because of its shape. Box pressed cigars can save rolling a

Never been a fan of the box press. Can't stand how some of these NCs are basically rectangular.

Not only do I prefer non-box pressed but am I the only one that actually kind of likes the few cigars that are kind of bowed a bit from the ribbon being tight around the bundle? biggrin.png

yes you are and I bet you love culebras !!

• 3 weeks later...

It says something that some CCs sell in spite of being box pressed, while some NCs sell because they're being box pressed.

(I don't know what it says, but I'm sure it says something.)

I'd say it's more dependant on availability / pricing, if that's the case.

RASS is the classic thing. 25-box is box pressed, 50-cab is nice and rounded. People buy the 25-box mostly due to cost, humidor space, not sure if they like it yet, etc. But, once RASS makes it into a person's favourite / into their "regular rotation", it's all about the RASS 50-cabs. Nice and rounded - most find it to be better performance burns, better flavours, etc.

Look at Monte 4's. They're only available in semi-dress boxes of 10 and 25 (as far as bigger boxes - I'm not talking tubos and cardboard packs here), and are somewhat box-pressed. Similar to Monte 2's. Now, if they were to also offer them in a 25-cab, nice and rounded, as well as a 50-cab, and cover all the bases (which they could more than do, considering the sales numbers of this stick), you'd get a more accurate representation of what an actual consumer wants.

But yes, I also do get a bit of what you were saying in your original post too, that Cubans sell because of the flavour/performance, not the novelty, while some NCs sell because of the novelty and gizmos.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nobody has mentioned this, perhaps it's too obvious to state, but the box-press is a trademark of Cuban cigars. The reason non-cubans and some cheap cigars have an artificial box press, is to imitate Cubans. Having said that, I prefer a rounder shape.

• Like 1

I like how box pressed look in a dress box, especially when you first open a new box.

Round have a different appeal and look with SLB CABS also impressive.

Presentation and aesthetics really, and I like the look of both.

Shape doesn't affect how they taste and smoke, which is what counts for me.

I was wondering...if you take your cigars out of the box, and store them in a cabinet, or just loose etc. Will they eventually lose their box-pressed shape and return to being round? Has anyone tried this? How long would it take? Weeks? Months?

I was wondering...if you take your cigars out of the box, and store them in a cabinet, or just loose etc. Will they eventually lose their box-pressed shape and return to being round? Has anyone tried this? How long would it take? Weeks? Months?

They stay pressed.