Partagas E2 - Thoughts?

One of my favourite is Partagas. Love me some psd4, shorts, mille fleures, 898, lusitania...and so on and so on. Not a fan of P2's and can't stand E2's though. Never had a decent one. But thats only me. I dont like the format either...not for me. I'll pass.

One of my favourite is Partagas. Love me some psd4, shorts, mille fleures, 898, lusitania...and so on and so on. Not a fan of P2's and can't stand E2's though. Never had a decent one. But thats only me. I dont like the format either...not for me. I'll pass.

Anything in particular you dislike? Curious if it tasted poorly or if there were specific issues that you don't appreciate.

Let me preface this by saying I've not sampled this cigar, but from what I gather, it's one of those that you either hate or love. It was also noted for variations in consistency, both in construction and tasting, when it first came out. It has unique dimensions at 140 mm or 5 1/2 inches x 54 ring gauge (a Dukes). If you love this, stick with it I say!

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=114323

For the E2's I've smoked they have been excellent. First bought in a box of 5, then three boxes of 5 and they were all a wonderful smoke. Full flavour and ticked all most boxes for one of my favourite cigars. Now have two boxes of 25. One from 2011 the other from 2015. The 2015's I'll store for a few years - when I hope I'll find they were a good box too!

Anything in particular you dislike? Curious if it tasted poorly or if there were specific issues that you don't appreciate.

First of all the vitola itself however wanted to try anyway. Note also only had 2x fiver wooden box. One from 13 the other is 14... still has 2 in the 13 (PUM FEB)

Taste-wise I miss everything what I like in Partagas generally. The sweet cognac like core, the spices. Feels like Partagas without its real soul. Kinda muted.

This could be the reason why the other guys saying they DO like it while they dont like partagas in general. Just a different thing.

You cant go wrong with a 5er and figure it out for yourself before pulling a trigger on a box.

I have burned through several boxes of them 2011and 2012. Loved them and they are the best Partagas Serie cigars to me.

• Like 3

Was intrigued by this thread and sparked up a ABR 13 from a 5 ct box. Very enjoyable. The first I had last year from another 5ct was outstanding, but the rest of that box was meh.

Seems that Partagas and I are love it or hate it. Doesn't matter on vitola. They are either mighty tasty or negligable. Exception being the 2014 LE, I really enjoy those.

• 2 weeks later...