aussie thing regards to pineapple

madbunny

ok guys just having a discussion with a mate regards to pineapple on their hamburgers. i for one love pineapple on mine ,my mate hates pineapple on his ,thoughts ?

Besides the meat patty and sauce (barbecue is good, but I prefer aioli), the ingredients that must be on a hamburger in Aus; beetroot, tomato, lettuce, onions, bacon & egg.

Pineapple on a burger is a contentious topic. Some say it is a must, others say it doesn't belong. I personally have no problems with it being on a burger.

pineapple - no. seriously?

beetroot. absolutely. someone had to google beetroot? how is mars?

by chance, about an hour before i read this, i put a heap of big fresh beetroots in the oven to roast them. i usually blend them up with some roast onions and chilis etc but i'm planning a new recipe i saw from spain. beetroot gazpacho. the plan is to roast the beetroots and some onions and blend them up with olive oil, a little cucumber (still thinking about that) and some anchovies. whacko!

• Like 1

pineapple - no. seriously?

beetroot. absolutely. someone had to google beetroot? how is mars?

by chance, about an hour before i read this, i put a heap of big fresh beetroots in the oven to roast them. i usually blend them up with some roast onions and chilis etc but i'm planning a new recipe i saw from spain. beetroot gazpacho. the plan is to roast the beetroots and some onions and blend them up with olive oil, a little cucumber (still thinking about that) and some anchovies. whacko!

Yes good man

Sent from my iPhone

I concede onions of course ...I will bang my head on the floor until forgiven

Spanish onions are great in a burger. Caramelised onions are better in a steak sandwich... and some beetroot too!

The only place you'll find a pineapple is in my wallet or in a fruit salad. Not a burger. It's only ever on 'the lot burgers' too and the 'lot' being the egg and the pineapple?..It's always the shitty little fish and chip shops being the culprit too I find smh.

I fux with beetroot though, that gets a pass. Amateurs, will probably disagree as their the the ones to let it slip out the arse of the bun and on to the strides...Haters.

• Like 1

I'm intrigued. How is the beetroot prepared? I imagine that very finely julienned and fresh would be tasty with onion on a burger. Please give details on the Aussie method. BTW, we simply call them beets in the west (hence some confusion with the term beetroot).

I'm intrigued. How is the beetroot prepared? I imagine that very finely julienned and fresh would be tasty with onion on a burger. Please give details on the Aussie method. BTW, we simply call them beets in the west (hence some confusion with the term beetroot).

Nope. We use slices of beetroot. Depending on the size of the slices, you can get 2-3 in a burger.

I personally hate how a lot of burger joints put the beetroot on the bottom of the stack, against the bun. That just makes the bun really soggy and fall apart. I prefer my burger stacked in the bun (from top to bottom); egg, bacon, sauce, onions, beetoroot, tomato, cheese, patty and lettuce.