When a box is just "ON"

What do you do, try to save some or just embrace the moment and burn through them?

I've got some party shorts, can't remember the box code, threw them in a D4 box, and I can't stop thinking about them they're smoking that well, got one in the car for my drive home from the office tonight.

When I find smokes are in a sweet spot, I try to smoke them more often - it's always disheartening to dig into a stash and find that the magic is fading...

• Like 1

if my box is at that sweet spot where I want it to be, i burn right through it. Theres a chance if age it it will get better, or it might just fall off the cliff as well. I dont want to take that chance!

• Like 1

I have a hard time aging bc of this. I buy mostly things that I've tried and were on. I'm somewhat new to the cc game so I haven't had the chance to really get into aging. Bought a box of JL#2s with a dic 12 code last year...they gone haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is one of the eternal questions, is it not?

If I have one box, my hoarder's tendency will lead me to slow down the rate at which I pull. Moreso if there are likely to be no replacements. For example, some Partagas SDC No. 3. The essential driver is a sense of loss that goes along with each enjoyable experience. Aversion to loss is a strong psychological driver.

If I have many boxes, then I will happily smoke down. Especially so if they are commodity. For example, I love Partagas Shorts and RyJ Cazadores and stock, well, quite a few boxes. When that code's gone, I move on to the next.

Given that these are Habanos, there is no guarantee that another box of the same code will necessarily perform identically. Or that the remaining cigars will do so. So I suppose that the adage "smoke 'em if you've got em" applies well and truly.

Wilkey

The last cab I burnt through were my JUL 13 Hoyo du Princes. Think I hammered 10 down in 2 weeks. One cigar left that I'll save for some time.

I won't hesitate to do this with any other cab that has the audacity to be that good in my presence...

• Like 1

I monitor most of the boxes I have set aside as having ageing potential by smoking one or two over the course of each 12 month period. When I feel they are in a sweet spot I use my judgement to determine whether they could get better (to my tastes) and will smoke through most of what is left rather quickly. The gambler in me means I'll try to hold on to a few sticks... just in case I'm wrong.

My most recent example would be the 07 PL Robustos A-Pac RE's. I ploughed through those puppies like a demon last year because they were simply sensational. Managed to hang on to 7 or 8 in the hope of greater things.

• Like 1

I always burn through them when they are on. When I first go into this I used to try to save everything for the perfect moment. I then realized that part of the "perfect" moment was the fact that you decided to have a cigar in the first place. If they are smoking well I go through the box and reorder

Burned through 3 boxes of Hoyo de Monterrey Palmas Extras in 2 months and a half with zero to little shame lol. They were damn good, it was so hard to hide two sticks away from each box lol. That being said, (although i'm new to this) I will burn em when they are to my liking.