Satirical French magazine Charlie Hebdo attacked by muslim gunmen

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/07/satirical-french-magazine-charlie-hebdo-attacked-by-gunmen

Ten journalists and two policemen killed, by gunmen shouting "Allahou Akbar".

I am disgusted and revolted. The most famous french cartoonists (Cabu, Wolinski, Charb) were killed

(Charb, as a chief editor of the mag, was supposedly under special police protection since years).

The worst thing IMHO: these guys have already won, as NO ONE in the french press/TV dares to pronounce the words Muslim or Islam. It's like the 3 killers came from planet Mars.

btw, Charb and Wolinski were also known as habanos smokers.

https://twitter.com/The_IADC/status/552830198111305728/photo/1

• Like 2

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why is it my responsibility, as a true follower of Islam, the peaceful, respectful, tolerant religion that i was taught, to denounce those who do not follow my religion? They do not practise what i pr

Sincere condolences to our French brethren. What an absolute tragedy/disgrace. It is the responsibility of all to face and deal with the threat of home grown Islamic terrorism. Mus I respectfully d

mus, i know this was touched on the last time we had a tragedy. i agree with rob. your examples are not quite the same thing. kids are not out there shooting other kids 'in the name of kids'. ditto a

Terrible news from such a wonderful city. My condolences to all those affected. I hope they catch these murderers soon.

The attack was a cowardly, despicable act.

I implore everyone to not resort to baser instincts and rhetoric. The story is fresh, facts are still incoming. Let's not judge a whole group of people based on the actions of a few. We all know that is wrong. Unfortunately, all religions have their extremists.

Our membership here is worldwide and representative of many cultures. Please discuss this civilly.

Thank You.

• Like 1

sorry Fuzz. I don't mean to offend but I think sometimes though that these witness videos show the true graphic nature of these savage bastards and their complete disregard for human life or showing any kind of mercy in this case to an already wounded policeman. Hunt them down and feed them to the hogs.

That's just what these extremists want, an audience to their atrocities. Don't play their game by showing it.

• Like 2

That's just what these extremists want, an audience to their atrocities. Don't play their game by showing it.

They already obtained what they want.

All french media obsessed, security reinforced everywhere, with military forces in the public areas, all schools trips canceled, etc. etc.

But again no one dares to only evoke the facts that the killers are french, and were educated in "extremist islam" in France (in poor suburbs and in jails).

• Like 4

its getting really bizarre/frightening in europe. one side effect of the attacks and death threats over the years is that more and more people suffer from a kind of stockholme syndrome. especially people from the left who usually have no problems with attacks and jokes on christianity are calling criticism/satire of islamic doctrine racism or saying the classic "i'm not for censorship but is that really necessary?" line.

especially people from the left who usually have no problems with attacks and jokes on christianity are calling criticism/satire of islamic doctrine racism or saying the classic "i'm not for censorship but is that really necessary?" line.

You completely miss the point. Charlie Hebdo belongs to the left, almost the extrem left.

• Like 1

WHAT in the HELLLLL???? Can't these assholes figure out at all - EVER- that you become a worse pariah and greater non-desirable when you can't allow or even entertain a sense of humor??? I've taken the time to read the Quran to see for myself what is going on here. And not only did I find the formula for the tolerance of other people's religion (you've had more Islamic rulers throughout history who've allowed freedom of religion and freedom of worship - that's a historic fact), but also Allah has a sense of humor in those verses! It was almost incredible! You can actually envision a big toothy grin on a pleasant face with Him, and a MUCH milder, more tolerant disposition that what our Bible shows with our Christian God, so much of the time showing Him angry, vengeful, etc., etc. Definitely DON'T mean to step on any toes here - I was raised Baptist Fundamentalist, but I do believe in being fair and objective, and seeing things with open eyes. These jokers have their own private agenda at work - NOT a loving God's. IF any of you innocent bystander murdering ******* out there are reading this...God or Allah DOESN'T NEED YOU to do any of this for Him. HE never ordered you to do any of this. You KNOW it. This is for your OWN stupid, greedy gain, and you WILL be punished by Him. HE NEVER told you to murder non-combatant, men, women and children.

Well, off my soap box now.

• Like 4

It is a tragedy what happened in Paris, done by cold blooded men.

By all brutality given the best thing is to do drop something positive in the world.

Thoughts & prayers to the families, hope they find support and solace in the upcoming days.flower.gif

It seems like it is time for moderate/peaceful Muslims to say "Enough is Enough. We, the majority (Are moderates the majority?) want to be peaceful members of modern society" Can this happen? On the one hand, what proportion of Muslims are truly moderates? Also, if they do speak up and demonstrate, would they be killed off? I am just asking the question.

Wow what a tragedy- I still am at a loss in comprehending what recently happened in Australia and now this. Very sad and may those victims senselessly murdered by animals calling themselves "Religious men" rest in peace, I am praying and keeping the families in my thoughts, as well as those members in Paris and the surrounding areas.

its getting really bizarre/frightening in europe. one side effect of the attacks and death threats over the years is that more and more people suffer from a kind of stockholme syndrome. especially people from the left who usually have no problems with attacks and jokes on christianity are calling criticism/satire of islamic doctrine racism or saying the classic "i'm not for censorship but is that really necessary?" line.

Steady........

Political comments aside. This is a tragedy and will be treated as such.

It seems like it is time for moderate/peaceful Muslims to say "Enough is Enough.

It occurred recently, but it should have started much sooner. As a result many people think that muslim organizations are no longer credible. Either hypocrits either blind, etc. ...

It occurred recently, but it should have started much sooner. As a result many people think that muslim organizations are no longer credible. Either hypocrits either blind, etc. ...

Not that it will help. People who speak out are just dismissed as poor practitioners of the religion by those who commit these acts as they are the true dedicated believers.

Nothing will come of this. A couple of weeks and people will forget this happened and the blinders will be on as to what is really going on. If you read the comment sections just look what happens to people who say anything other than they are appalled an you will see several others ganging up on those for being hateful, intolerant, incompetent etc. There is also how we must change and accept to be more tolerant in society as we police ourselves. I really doubt these extremists share the same views yet no one dares speak about them other than to share some personal belief that these guys are victims in their own right some way. I just get the impression that many people will just assume it will go away on it's own if we avoid the problem and not offend anyone.

I agree. The PC world will not allow dissent and opinions especially those that differ than "mainstream" for whatever that means. We are expected to be sheep ready for slaughter. Sheep conforming to the opinions, thought and actions of the PCs.

You are right, nothing will come of this. A few days or weeks later another very similar incident will happen somewhere else in the world and the sheep will silently remain holy.

• Like 1