The Best Cigar You smoked during May 2014

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Monsdale at Hotel Nacional overlooking the Malecon at the beginning of the month.... Back to reality in the States it was a 05 ERDM Choix or a 2013 BTO Sig 6 w Laxman a couple of weeks ago in Boca

An RyJ Churchill - not exactly sure from when, but most likely '02 - '04. It felt more like eating than smoking - the densest, chewiest smoke I have had in ages. Beautiful dark and oily, very strong

No contest! Clear winner was a 2011 Partagas Serie E #2.

'01 Cohiba Lancero.

What a box of cigars. I'm sad to be down to 2 left.

An RyJ Churchill - not exactly sure from when, but most likely '02 - '04. It felt more like eating than smoking - the densest, chewiest smoke I have had in ages. Beautiful dark and oily, very strong, absolutely epic. I have three of them left, this phone camera picture barely does justice:

RyJChurchills_zps75a0b037.jpg

• Like 3

Best in May for me was a surprise. It was a recent Partagas Series E #2, a cigar I've been having a real hit-or-miss experience with. I cracked open a box of 5 at the club for the gang and every single one was a winner. Fabulous summertime cigar, easy draw, light, dry hay and herb flavors and faint chocolate, gobs of smoke and an even burn.

It's likely that all my other burns of this stick were compromised by the high heat and humidity of SE Asia, and once properly dried out the bitterness and acidic tones left the cigar and made the lighter, cleaner flavors more pronounced.

Can't pick just one, as I had two absolute standouts during the month;

09 Montecristo No.5

08 H. Upmann Mag 50 Tubos

Despite my earlier intense dislike for them when I purchased them I yesterday revisited a box of parti shorts from mid last year. Wow! Wrappers heavy with oils, rich, beautiful construction and draw. Only cigar I have pulled out of the ashy 3 or 4 times for just one more puff