Enrique Mons - Cuba's Legend (RIP)

I would like to dedicate this post and on the behalf of a good friend who is going through a very difficult time. The loss of a close and dear friend is never easy to cope with. Thoughts and prayers to you Robbie aka @miamipadronsmoker and the entire Enrique Mons family.

I've been informed early this morning that Enrique Mons passed away in Cuba last night. I do not know all of the exact details or the cause of death at the time. Truly a sad day for the Habanos industry and the country of Cuba.

Enrique was obviously very well known for his custom rolled cigars aka the "Monsdale". Enrique was most recently the manager of Club Havana which was considered to be the best and most well known cigar retailer in Cuba. Enrique was quite the cigar expert in all aspects and was in charge of Habanos quality control during the 1970's and 1980's.

May you rest in peace Mons.

• Like 4

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's very sad news. I met him just a few weeks ago and had a brief chat with him at the shop. I noticed he had lost quite a bit of weight in the last year and asked him how he was. He said he had ba

Tremendous loss to his family and the entire cigar world. Words can not do justice to the man. He was all about family and kindness. Absolutely devastating loss to his family and friends. I will miss

I would like to dedicate this post and on the behalf of a good friend who is going through a very difficult time. The loss of a close and dear friend is never easy to cope with. Thoughts and prayers t

I'm sorry I couldn't have met such a man as Senior Enrique! RIP, sir. You will now be making fine Havana seegars for the Big Man up there! flower.gifflower.gifflower.gif

• Like 1

I am very sorry to hear this. I will miss hanging out with him at Club Habana.

I was fortunate to have had the opportunity to smoke with Enrique many times over the years. He was a very kind and generous man.

This pic is from a visit out to Robanias farm in 06.post-15205-0-03201900-1395158627_thumb.j

• Like 3

so sad, my condolences to our members who lost a dear friend and for us all for losing another cigar legend...

• Like 1

Sorry to hear, condolences to family and friends.

I believe I shall smoke a Monsdale this evening in tribute to his memory.

• Like 1

Very sad news for any passionate Habano lover worldwide - a truly great man has passed, my sincere condolences to his family.

I had the pleasure to meet him often, last time Nov. 2012 when Sra Zoe Nocedo took me to his retirement "tertulia" at Hotel Florida where I learned about his most interesting biography :

He arrived in Havana at age 15 and became a roller, was then a soldier at the Bay of Pigs invasion, a revolutionary who fulfilled “Internationalist missions” in Ethiopia and Angola, a QC manager for Cubatabaco, founder of the first LCDH in Cuba, 5-ta y 16 and then manager at the Club Habana LCDH. He was nominated last year for Habano Man of the year at the annual Festival del Habano.

post-4742-0-66431600-1395165710_thumb.jp

Every Monsdale now will be a memoir to his life and achievement.

DEP Enrique Mons.

• Like 3

A very sad day for the global cigar community. Condolences to his family, friends and all those who were fortunate to cross paths with him. Many thanks to the members who are sharing their photos of this beloved family man and one the true giants of the cigar world.