PARTAGAS Serie D No.6 Tasting & Review (New release 2014)

Partagas-Serie-D-No-6-memycigars-07.jpg

Length: 9cm

Ring Gauge: 50

Factory Name: Serie D No.6

Vitola: Petit Robusto

Type: Petit Robusto

Presentation: Case of 5s & Box of 20s

Release Date: Third quarter 2014

Price: N/A

Partagas-Serie-D-No-6-memycigars-05.jpg

During the opening night of the 16th Habanos Festival in Cuba last February, which was dedicated to the Hoyo De Monterray & Partagas brands, the new Serie D No.6 and Le Hoyo de San Juan (review will follow soon) was handed out for guests to sample. I have smoked one during the festival and kept the other to review for you guys, so lets take a look...

Partagas-Serie-D-No-6-memycigars-04.jpg

The Construction - Smooth semi-matte wrapper with very few faint viens, firm body with fairly packed rolled tobacco, similar size to the Upmann Half Corona but with a wider gauge. The Serie D No.6 is Shortest cigar in the Partagas line since the discontinued 1970s Partagas Half Corona. It is intended for a quick 15 minute smoke as proclaimed by Habanos S.A.

Partagas-Serie-D-No-6-memycigars-02.jpgPartagas-Serie-D-No-6-memycigars-06.jpg

Partagas-Serie-D-No-6-memycigars-03.jpg

The Draw - Since this vitola is a little bit wider than the Upmann Half Corona, I went ahead with my wide gauge punch. Fairly easy draw and not to loose. The moment you take in a cold draw you can really tell it has a Partagas profile. You can pick up some fresh tobacco and earthy scent with a little sweet taste to it.

Partagas-Serie-D-No-6-memycigars-09.jpg

Partagas-Serie-D-No-6-memycigars-08.jpg

Partagas-Serie-D-No-6-memycigars-10.jpg

The First Burn - very harsh peppery taste as you take the first couple of draws. Its like accidentally sniffing cayenne pepper through the nose. It goes without saying that this has a fairly young tobacco and that ammonia is playing a huge role in the flavor. Plus its expected that the back of the throat will be stinging from that peppery taste. The Serie D N.6 is burning quite well and is producing abundant smoke.

Partagas-Serie-D-No-6-memycigars-11.jpg

Partagas-Serie-D-No-6-memycigars-12.jpg

Partagas-Serie-D-No-6-memycigars-13.jpg

The Middle Burn - still offers that harsh zing in the nose and back of the throat. Flavors of dry wood and sawdust with a bit of sweetness peeping through. Spiciness of black and cayenne peppers are the dominant taste I pick up in this profile. Sold light grey ash and very smoky, reminds me of the Serie P No.1s. harshness cuts down a bit but does not fade away.

Partagas-Serie-D-No-6-memycigars-14.jpg

Partagas-Serie-D-No-6-memycigars-15.jpg

The Final Burn - harshness almost fades away completely and you can finally enjoy the Partagas character with that spicy black peppery and wood notes. Plenty of smoke and the ash as you can see held up pretty good. Expect your lips and the tip of your tongue to be hot as if you were eating chicken wings! Yup this cigar just made me hungry...

Partagas-Serie-D-No-6-memycigars-16.jpg

Definitely an interesting short smoke that requires a bit of resting time to be enjoyed fully. This Partagas Serie D No.6 provides a full flavor profile of this marca and is a wonderful addition to the series. Will revisit this review later once Habanos release this line in the market and see how the flavor progresses and develops.

Partagas-Serie-D-No-6-memycigars-17.jpg

Enjoy!

Edited by alawadi9
  • Like 2

Great Review!!

Is it just me or does the ash have a strange colour toward the foot?

Good write up mate. I'm definitely interested in trying these and the new HdM

• 4 weeks later...

Perfect for making into a blunt . . . lookaround.gif

Dog, if you're blunting Cubans, youre a gd sultan! Give me a hemp paper any day. Cigars are for boosting the boost at 4:25!

• Like 1

OK, so the blunt was a bad idea.

Try this one on for size . . . first, get a bunch of Series D #6 bands. Second, smoke your PSD4 down halfway, clip off the burnt end, re-badge with the #6 band and sell on Ebay! spotlight.gif It's like getting your PSD4's for free! party.gif You might have to use a little wood putty to cover up the punched end, but otherwise it should be easy.

• Like 1

Theses are perfect for the drive to work. Cant wait to get ahold of these.

Was thinking the same thing....might as well enjoy rush hour

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I smoked one yesterday and again today. I liked both, but must say I still prefer the mighty Shorts flavourwise.. Also they are cheaper, offer a longer ride and are easier to smoke. And come in boxes of 25 and cabs of 50! I also think the mighty HUHC is superior to the D6.

• Like 1