La Escepcion

Seeing them online for $567 / $22 per stick and wondering if these are really worth it? I was thinking of saving my money for a box, but also thinking I could get 2 boxes of something I really like e.g. JL2 and Mag 46.

Is it worth the money?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have you tried them? Are you particularly fond of the size? If not, why take a crapshoot as expensive? Rarity, prestige and an extra band don't coat a palate…

That's not a bad per stick cost. IMO they're excellent cigars. Even if they're not to your liking, I'm sure you can trade/sell them for cigars you enjoy more.

12 years 5 months 3 days and 7 hours according to the latest studies…

I like them, but as you said, able to buy 2 boxes of cigars you know you love = Sounds more logical!

Have you tried them? If not, why take a crapshoot as expensive?

.......able to buy 2 boxes of cigars you know you love = Sounds more logical!

I've not tried them myself, but there, in a nutshell, you have it.

Really just thinking out loud - when you're enjoying a great Mag 46 or another fave, will you really feel like you've missed out on something by not springing for the La Es?

It's great to try new things, go outside the comfort zone, so to speak - I guess it shouldn't become too much of a chore. If you tried them and loved them, I guess they'd be worth it. For me, nearly six bills for something untried, with no guarantee.......

Absolutely worth it.

But I am biased, as it's an Italian regional and my surname is Festa, plus, I love lonsdales.

And if you were lucky enough to pick up a jar, and the two boxes you needed to fill it with 30 sticks, then the second box, realistically, cost you half price.

Either that or the jar was free. ok.gif

I have a box and have smoked a couple. They are pretty amazing cigars. The "value" is debatable, but if you're willing to drop $500 on a box of cigars you hopefully aren't sweating it.

My opinion is to buy. Smoke a few and if you don't like them you will have no issues selling them off'

Been trying to get my hands on some for a while now. I would say that if you are interrested, grab em while you can. 22 dollars a stick seems expensive but sometime, it's worth it. I've heard a LOT of good things in them.

I have a box and have smoked a couple. They are pretty amazing cigars. The "value" is debatable, but if you're willing to drop $500 on a box of cigars you hopefully aren't sweating it.

My opinion is to buy. Smoke a few and if you don't like them you will have no issues selling them off'

+1 on this post. By far one of the best RE's I've had. These will continue to get better and better over time. I can easily see these being a highly sought after cigar in five years time where the price will probably have doubled by then.

I have a total of 12 boxes if that tells you anything. Plus a jar as well. Try them out. If you don't like them or can't justify the price, you'll have no problems selling or trading them off.

Bought a box in Italy for $300 euros. Have to say these are not that high on my list but as a collector, it is important to have them in the catalog.

At the $500 mark, there are others on my list. I am thinking about Claus's (lotusguy) jar collection and working up the guts for that direction.