Montecristo Petit 2 thoughts?

I've only had one, on the day it was released in LCDH's back in November.

I dont think theres a lot of complexity involved, but went very well with my cappuccino. Mine with also very underfilled.

Then again, i've only had one, and dont think it was a very good representation of the batch.

This particular cigar, for some reason, I am dubious of... Feels the most gimmicky of all these new releases.... Like Coke Classic or Reality television..... I am curious how many of us have actually had them....

I've had one...it was all over the place...first third had what I call hairspray taste(I have 3 older sisters and it was the 80s)...not good.

The rest of cigar settled down a bit...at times it reminded me of a PE with a bit more strength....I won't b tempted to try another one for at least 6 months....

For the price it's better to pick up actual monte 2 and ditch the last half if you're short on time imo, pricing is way off on this one, not sure where HSA is trying to go with it.

Punch EL the same price as Esplendidos then this, I'm a little confused with releases currently!

They know people will pay (myself occasionally included) for fancy new shiny things, so that's what they are banking on. Seems to be working well.

No comment on if the product is good or not since I have not smoked any yet, but have been relatively displeased at deletions and additions over the past several years with few complete winners taking price into consideration (Perlas, Royal Robustos, RA Superiores...). I've kept it to myself though so I doubt anybody on the boards knows about my irritation. innocent.gif

People will buy anything if you tell them it's limited.

Is the Petit 2 limited, though? I thought it was a new addition to the range.

The pricing, however, really makes me scratch my head - why anyone wouldn't just go for a regular #2 for LESS money is beyond me. smartass.gif

These are regular production; not sure what price people are seeing but the La casa's i've seen them in have them at 25-30% cheaper than the Regular Nr2, seems reasonably priced to me.

The pricing, however, really makes me scratch my head - why anyone wouldn't just go for a regular #2 for LESS money is beyond me. smartass.gif

Because you're seeing grey market and online retailers prices; in Europe the price is "normal", ie 30 or 35% less than the regular No.2.

(in France: No2 €14.30, Petit No2 €9.50)

• Like 1

These are regular production; not sure what price people are seeing but the La casa's i've seen them in have them at 25-30% cheaper than the Regular Nr2, seems reasonably priced to me.

Lets hope with the passages of time, the price reduces. I guess we're going to have to live with the ball (which one is great in a period of time) passing between this, the No.2, petite and normal Edmundo. That's how it seems to me.

Lets hope with the passages of time, the price reduces. I guess we're going to have to live with the ball (which one is great in a period of time) passing between this, the No.2, petite and normal Edmundo. That's how it seems to me.

dont forget the double and petit edmundo as welll

Because you're seeing grey market and online retailers prices; in Europe the price is "normal", ie 30 or 35% less than the regular No.2.

Just checked German pricing - the petit #2 is indeed about 3 euro cheaper than the #2 so it makes more sense. :2thumbs:

At the ridiculous prices they are asking for these, I can say not for my budget. If they were in line with Robusto pricing around 180 to 200 a box yes but they are obviously not.

It is as if memory is short. This is a new release. They will for sure charge the full retail on it. Only when time goes by, will grey market get more stock and lower the pricing. Top of the head examples, Behike, D5, and E2s.

I really looked forward right is release. Then when it was released, I realized it made more sense to throw out a couple inches if a regular Monte 2, at least right now. If what said above is true, I'll grab a box once they're more plentiful. A short #2 is an attractive idea, just not at current prices.

I had my fourth one tonight ....its a pass for me right now...like the concept as an alternative to the HHC but didnt care for the straight fresh tobacco taste and price point, two of them sort of had the Monte profile, the other two not so much....this and the Double Edmundo are disappointing now

Bart

post-5667-0-60648500-1391219841_thumb.jp

This is a reminder of the Petit Churchill,the Petit #2 is an overpriced gimmicky cigar.

The double Edmundo is ample proof to me that Habanos is looking at the American market,and that the American market is looking back......

I had my fourth one tonight ....its a pass for me right now...like the concept as an alternative to the HHC but didnt care for the straight fresh tobacco taste and price point, two of them sort of had the Monte profile, the other two not so much....this and the Double Edmundo are disappointing now

Bart

Ugh and I'm the old man that's shaking my fist at the new bands the young kids are wearing these days.... Suppose I should just accept change so long as they leave the tobacco blend alone....