Montecristo Petit 2 thoughts?

I'm still not sure what it brings to the table that the petit Edmundo, #4, #3 or #5 doesn't already bring.

Why no straight up monte robusto?

Agreed. Not interested at all. Gimme a monte 4 for a high quality shorter smoke or even a petit edmundo.

Wish they made the P1 regular production instead. Monte has enough.

agreed! the p1 is a good cigad that when one smokes it, knows without a doubt that it is s partagas. unlike the p2...

if you like the flavours in the p1, give the presidentes a try. more robust and in your face, but very enjoyable.

• Like 2

agreed! the p1 is a good cigad that when one smokes it, knows without a doubt that it is s partagas. unlike the p2...

if you like the flavours in the p1, give the presidentes a try. more robust and in your face, but very enjoyable.

agree with mbrody, p1 is excellent as is prezi

I smoked one of these yesterday and was entirely underwhelmed. Price aside the flavour did not do it for me. Quite bland and young tasting. Not comparable to even a mediocre #2.

Taking price into consideration makes this a total flop for me. I'll pass.

• 1 month later...

Just had one. Looked good with a plenty of oil and maduro wrapper. A bit tight but lacking in personality. Very forgetful. Glad I only bought one.

• Like 1

Had one last week. Was not impressed. Bland and very "chalky" tasting....if that makes any sense. Luckily it was gifted, so I wasn't out any dough.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I think an argument can be made that if a sample tasted like "straight wood" and/or "tobacco," it was probably rolled at UPE code, for all the reasons therein.

I had one recently, tasted like a larger ring gauge Especiales. Pretty good.

Had one just last week. Very good smoke however, not as spectacular as the regular Montecristo No.2 IMHO!