HDM des Dieux

Would just like to know your thoughts on recent

Production, and perhaps a few profile descriptors. I've read a lot of reviews, but many are from aged

versions. I've only had one, but it was from '05,

and it was delicate, flavorful, and unique. Anyone

Have/like these?

I had my first one a week ago as a single and it was so good I ordered a box as I smoked the final third. Construction was perfect, flavour profile was wood, cream, cinnamon and hints of vanilla. Loved it

Glad to see this question because I smoked a 2003 last week and it was simply divine. Was full of vanilla, cedar, and graham cracker. I wanted to buy a box but had read that certain years had been plagued with issues and hadn't really heard anything on the current releases. Please let us know how your new box smokes potpest.

Smoked a 2003 that a fellow FOH sent me. Was a sublime experience. The 50 cabs are supposed to be coming back for 2014. Im hoping the quality is there so I can go deep on these.

Prez if you see this thread, would you mind chiming in, especially in regards to the current

Questions: recent production, and 50 cabs?

Thx everyone, keep replying if you can.

I had a short list of other boxes I was considering,

But then I remembered this smoke. Totally changed my direction...

I've had aged and recent production. Although the aged ('03) were stellar, the recent were similarly unique, well-constructed and just fantastic. I am glad these don't receive the attention they deserve because I sure wouldn't want them overproduced.

I have 2003 and 2012 and the 2012 is stronger also a strong woody charastic that lasted thru the Cigar. A slight vanilla flavor about midway. The review that Pres did it was the last one was dead on point.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I have smoked a couple from 2003 and was surprised that they were on the higher end of medium bodied. I remember a good amount of wood and cream, but also a surprising amount of spice. I like the size a lot as well. Go for it JD you won't regret it!

How do people find the woody profile?

I've have aged DD that are incredibly woody, while normally woodsy characteristics are something that I've found to ease with age and replaced with creamy flavours

Anyone found the same or opposite?

to say the "woody" characteristics of the whole de/du lineup increases with age ... is an understatement .

'00 de dieux that taste like a cedar spill burning for an hour .

wood woody woodiest ... some '93 du deputes .

same with the du dauphin from '01 .

pretty much the only hoyos i smoke ... love the campfire aroma that comes with them all .

jdo sorry i have nothing to reply to your original question .

derrek