Just Confirmed LGC IS DEAD! Maybe! Lol

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the Tainos can be moved way down that list. Rest looks ok though....

Depends which Tainos. The rerelease 09-12 are some of the best and in 10 years going to be the most amazing cigar out there

That's just me. LGC Tainos > ERDM Tainos to me. I know. Shock and awe.

Ahahahaha same here

Oh my spiders are on top of it don't worry. I don't even have to do anytihng LOL

I wish there was a honey hole of Tainos (LGC) and MDO No 1s somewhere!

There is you just have to know where to look...Like my house ;)

Never had a stellar Tainos, 95-2001 samples. Same goes for 2's, mid 90's to 2002. However, 2's from the 70's are one of my top 5 cigars... simply orgasmic!!! 4's are my favorites, followed by 1's. I don't think I will buy any new 4's, based on recent reviews. They should not have any Partagas resemblance in their profile. Classic LGC profile oozes honey, citrus, and delightful, floral flavors. My 94's were stellar every time. I'm lucky to have boxes of 97's and 98's. 2002's are hit or miss. They were the first vitolas that I owned multiple boxes of...

Never had a stellar Tainos, 95-2001 samples. Same goes for 2's, mid 90's to 2002.

Exactly my experience. I remember that I used to call the Tainos "volado rolls". Ultra mild to the point you're not sure if the cigar is still burning… Obviously a part of the blend was lost during this time frame (late 90's - early 2000's). Nonetheless some very good boxes of the No.2 could be found…

2002's are hit or miss.

I agree (based on multiple boxes of 1, 3 and 4 smoked). Sometime you encounter a very harsh one. The most reliable was the No.3 in my experience.

I am lucky to have scored one in the holidays. I was literraly sitting on my hands not to send a mail to the lovely Di and grab an other altough I still am waiting for my box. Lol

Anyways I tought Hiro would have jumped all the available inventory before I could send I mail anyways. lol

I am lucky to have scored one in the holidays. I was literraly sitting on my hands not to send a mail to the lovely Di and grab an other altough I still am waiting for my box. Lol

Anyways I tought Hiro would have jumped all the available inventory before I could send I mail anyways. lol

Who knows. There was no specific number so I sent a Solid # to leave the sport alive LOL. Good Luck guys party.gif

I am just not fond of the LGC Tainos and find the 'amazing' projection for recent vintages to be a bit of a head-scratcher.

MDO 1s are another story. ISO. Addy in profile. laugh.png

Have you had a March 13 LGC 2? Young but they are smoking beautifully. Like they said LGC was more expensive than Cohiba at One time. But instead of waiting 5 years with Cohiba to smoke them you would need 10 with a LGC. 10+ aging on a LGC does wonders. Again most people can't wait that long to smoke. Hell people can't wait 3-5 on Cohibas. If you can't wait there is really no point picking up LGCs or Cohibas

Glad to know I'll enjoy my #2. And since We are on it I took an other #4 to age. Lol

I also have a box of Imensos but I read (and Rye also conformed) they need more time before they are truly enjoyable. Any more insight?

Ha. I have gone through many 90s and 2002 LGC boxes. My comment specifically referred to the Tainos. I have had many. Just not my cigar.

Hard and fast rules about aging are not always supported by objective empirical evidence. I have had fantastic fresh Cohiba Siglo III, IV, and CCE. Depends on your specific box and enviromental conditions.

Anyway. I like the MDO 1-3 and will miss them.