Just Confirmed LGC IS DEAD! Maybe! Lol

A sad day for me and my fellow LGC aficionados. Talking to the LCDHs this morning and confirmed what I already knew...Por Que!? if only they made the 2 I would be happy. I might have to stock up on 2013s just in case

Any other confirmations from other LCDHs?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dux don't toy with my heart.I Maybe 26 but it can't take that kind of stress!

I've heard this from several Casa's for years. Chill....

My thoughts exactly.. LGC seems to die every year when the previous years production starts to run dry only to pop up again the following year.

I would be sad to see it go completely though.. I do enjoy the no.4

Problem is No one is buying them. I would be willing to Buy the 40 boxes sitting at some LCDHs if it meant that We would get more and bring back some favorites

Problem is No one is buying them. I would be willing to Buy the 40 boxes sitting at some LCDHs if it meant that We would get more and bring back some favorites

I like many others here are slowly smoking from our '02 boxe(s) and have planted the 2013's firmly into the back of the wine-odore to rest for a while. I think the slow maturation of LGC (a marque that typically takes plenty of time to mature) might be to blame for the slow sales. Your just not going to churn through them unlike something like PL Montecarlos.

I'd like some Regionals make it into semi-regular production like they do with the #2/4.

Rob, could you let us know how much (%) LGC represents in your sales? I know this may be confidential but if not I would like to know.

Most people never bought them until they were discontinued. Everyone buys them now when released in expensive jars and 10 ct boxes with double bands. There is no incentive for them to revitalize the brand. The same has happened with all the "normal" size cigars that I love... what everyone is now calling "skinny" cigars.

Most people never bought them until they were discontinued. Everyone buys them now when released in expensive jars and 10 ct boxes with double bands. There is no incentive for them to revitalize the brand. The same has happened with all the "normal" size cigars that I love... what everyone is now calling "skinny" cigars.

So true!

What I know is when they appear in LFTW they disappear imediately.

Thanks for your help.

That's because Hiro has web crawlers that run this site every second looking for LGC - he's got the market cornered. king.gif

I think the slow maturation of LGC (a marque that typically takes plenty of time to mature) might be to blame for the slow sales.

That and Sancho Panza...can we have a hipster revival for my favorite friend Sancho? Friends of Sancho Panza to the rescue.

Most people never bought them until they were discontinued.

Many implications in that statement ;)

Certainly is slim pickings these days.

Never tried any of the LGC line. Every time there is a LFTH or LFTW and Rob posts any LGC boxes they are gone in a second. LCDH should send all there boxes of LGC's to Czar and they would see the sales increase.

I went crazy for the no. 2's and bought 2 boxes, as well as the no. 4's when I found them. First of all, No. 4's are like smoking thin pieces of dynamite. I could not trade them away fast enough.

Went through the first box of the 2's, in heaven. Been sparingly saving second box. But you know what? Last pair we smoked? We were so hyped up about them we were underwhelmed. We'll keep them of course but not on some kind of LGC pedestal.

I went crazy for the no. 2's and bought 2 boxes, as well as the no. 4's when I found them. First of all, No. 4's are like smoking thin pieces of dynamite. I could not trade them away fast enough.

Went through the first box of the 2's, in heaven. Been sparingly saving second box. But you know what? Last pair we smoked? We were so hyped up about them we were underwhelmed. We'll keep them of course but not on some kind of LGC pedestal.

I think both 2 and 4 are lovely, but if there is one cigar that needs time, I think this are... I have 97 No4, and they are awesome right now, I smoked one of my 12 and it was exactly as you said Dynamite biggrin.png

I smoked a box of the number 3's over Christmas, Loved them.

Only had a couple of the 1's but they were all great, and while I really enjoy the 4's a lot I think they axed the 2 best vitolas from the Medaille d'or line a few years back.