A week of heaven and hell....

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peace and love to you and your family, Keith.

Your determination and dedication are an inspiration to us all.

glad to hear that things have worked out for you of sorts,Keith

been down a similar road to yours of late myself you know life's curve balls

not a nice feeling ,but you have the most important things a guy could possess family and good friends

now sit back have a drink and light one up

cheers Steve

So what cigar do you smoke after THAT!

So, I ended up with a Partagas Piramides EL 2000, with a box code of Nov. 2000 "RAR". This was a stick that was graciously gifted in a secret Santa exchange from Chris / "ChanceSchmerr". IIRC, he got it from a hotel shop in Bahrain or so, in his travels for work.

And, it's because of that work that I thought this so fitting. Chris, also being a fellow Canadian Forces member (even though he's a Navy officer, but I'll forgive him for that)....like he said, we both understand some of those hardships. He and I had some in depth conversations earlier this year, when he had his devastating news about missing out on the schooling opportunity in England. He's pressed me over and over to not put in my VR / release / quitting papers. I'm still on edge about future plans, but it's something to take one step at a time. This cigar, from a fellow armed brethren, did definitely help.

Enjoyed this stick yesterday (Saturday), while also meeting up with Pat / "ryjchurchill" / "maintenanceman", another local BOTL in the Halifax area. Haven't had a chance to meet up with him until now (unfortunate that it takes until I'm now leaving before our paths crossed! LOL). But, a really nice guy with a lovely wife, and a pleasure to spend a few hours with them on my "de-stressing" weekend and take my mind off of things with some great conversation and awesome cigars.

e5yvavam.jpg

e6a5a2az.jpg

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk.

Wow Keith...being no stranger to the twists of life myself, I'm a witness that God always has a plan. I'm very happy that you kept your head and got what you and your family needed. Really sad powers that be would paint you into a corner that way thoughfrown.gif

Good things happen to good people. I truly believe that and you Keith are a good person. No matter what the future holds for you and your family, at least this worked itself out. And if you end up leaving the armed services I am sure there would be plenty of guys jumping at the chance to hire you. I know I would. Cheers brother and enjoy the looks on the faces of your loved ones when you show up with your good news!!!!!

So, I ended up with a Partagas Piramides EL 2000, with a box code of Nov. 2000 "RAR". This was a stick that was graciously gifted in a secret Santa exchange from Chris / "ChanceSchmerr". IIRC, he got it from a hotel shop in Bahrain or so, in his travels for work.

And, it's because of that work that I thought this so fitting. Chris, also being a fellow Canadian Forces member (even though he's a Navy officer, but I'll forgive him for that)....like he said, we both understand some of those hardships. He and I had some in depth conversations earlier this year, when he had his devastating news about missing out on the schooling opportunity in England. He's pressed me over and over to not put in my VR / release / quitting papers. I'm still on edge about future plans, but it's something to take one step at a time. This cigar, from a fellow armed brethren, did definitely help.

Enjoyed this stick yesterday (Saturday), while also meeting up with Pat / "ryjchurchill" / "maintenanceman", another local BOTL in the Halifax area. Haven't had a chance to meet up with him until now (unfortunate that it takes until I'm now leaving before our paths crossed! LOL). But, a really nice guy with a lovely wife, and a pleasure to spend a few hours with them on my "de-stressing" weekend and take my mind off of things with some great conversation and awesome cigars.

e5yvavam.jpg

e6a5a2az.jpg

It was a pleasure meeting you Keith. All the best with your transfer.

On my way back to Ontario from Halifax. In Montreal now, sitting at the LCDH, enjoying a stellar-for-its-age Quai d'Orsay Corona, from a gorgeous looking Abr 2013 "MUR" box. Gonna go to Rueben's for a smoked meat supper later, then meeting up with Riaz and perhaps others at Stogie's later for more cigars and drinks.

Definitely a damn good way to slough off the stress of the past week and a bit, and to relax after a long day on the road.

post-6965-1381259556409.jpg

On my way back to Ontario from Halifax. In Montreal now, sitting at the LCDH, enjoying a stellar-for-its-age Quai d'Orsay Corona, from a gorgeous looking Abr 2013 "MUR" box. Gonna go to Rueben's for a smoked meat supper later, then meeting up with Riaz and perhaps others at Stogie's later for more cigars and drinks.

Definitely a damn good way to slough off the stress of the past week and a bit, and to relax after a long day on the road.

Good for you Keith - you deserve it, good wishes to you !

Keith,I'm happy to hear that everything worked out for you.I've been knocked down many times in my live but always got up and most importently never lost my sense of humor.Hopefully you keep yours.I'm pretty sure Erin will be thrilled that your now closer to eachother again.Also kudos to Chris for the nice smoke you were able to enjoy.Good luck in your new posting and see you sometimes at the Mambo.(can't go tonight as i put up my house for sale today)