A week of heaven and hell....

So, I've now been home since about October 9th. Surprised Erin and the kids at home - they thought it wasn't going to be until the end of the month, but I was able to get that date moved ahead. Lots of tears and jumping for joy when I showed up at home.

I'm now posted to CFB Trenton (only about a 4-1/2 hr drive from home), relatively fully integrated and working on the road again. Great team, great base, lots of interesting opportunities there. I'm ecstatic about the change, and the opportunity to be close to home again. Been home with Erin and the kids already about 10 days since I've been home - a HUGE change already compared to being 2200 km away in Halifax.

Thank you all for all the support, all the well wishes, and all the support that Erin and I have received lately. It's something that we tried to keep in the shadows somewhat, and keep our "game faces on". Your e-mails and such in the background has definitely helped us get through the past year. Awesome.

Also....I just got an awesome phone call. A 1/2 hour talking on the phone with a stellar mate - sorry about your long distance bill! LOL. But your wisdom, insight, and frankly, level of caring on a personal level was touching. It was hard for me to keep my composure sometimes on the phone (when talking about this issue of mine - good luck with your problems!!!! LOL!!!!) But...much, MUCH appreciated. I can only help that karma returns to you ten-fold on the good vibes that you gave me. Cheers.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad to hear things are working out for you and that you are closer to family now - what a relief! I couldn't imagine living even 2hrs from the family. A wonderful example of love, commitment to family and perseverance. And what a fine cigar to celebrate and kick back with.

Great stuff Keith, great to see that all is well now. Being closer to your family is defenitly a priority for anyone. It was great getting to have a smoke with you here when you passed by. Hey you are even closer to montreal as well now!

Be well mate

Wow Keith, I didn't realize all the anguish going on... so happy for you to get a job closer to home! But come on, did you put someone in the headlock to make the phone call to HQ to get you the job??? LOL

But for real, very happy for you that things took a turn for the better. I couldn't imagine being away from my wife and kids like you have been, I can only imagine the stress it's caused. You're a good man and deserve it.

I hope to enjoy some cigars and drinks with you and the boys in Havana again in the near future.

Wow - sounds like some very trying times - so glad to hear how things turned around - and yes good people around makes all the difference - on both ends - and do have that cigar