Montecristo Double Edmundo

noticias_en.gifspacer.gif

• Habanos s.a. presents Montecristo Double Edmundo, a new vitola in the Línea Edmundo, offering a longer Edmundo for those seeking the full Montecristo flavour without time constraints.
  • Double Edmundo incorporates the new Montecristo ring as well as other innovative elements in the brand's image.

1-Montecristo-Double-Edmundo.jpg

Montecristo, created in 1935, is one of the best known
brands all over the world, internationally considered by many the reference of Habanos flavor.

In 2004 a new
vitola
was introduced into the Montecristo brand:
Edmundo
which was aimed at satisfying the demand for heavy ring gauge
vitolas
, and a shorter version, the
Petit Edmundo
, followed two years later.

This year, 2013, the Linea Edmundo grows with the arrival of the new vitola:
Double Edmundo (ring gauge 50 and 155 mm length).
This Habano will allow the classic blend of the Linea Edmundo full spectrum of aromas and flavours to be enjoyed in a smoking time of around an hour.

5-Montecristo-Double-Edmundo.jpg

2-Montecristo-Double-Edmundo.jpg

is arriving to the different points of sale in most of countries.

This
vitola
is an offering to those who are able to enjoy their cigars at a more leisurely pace.

All this Montecristo Habanos are made ‘
Totalmente a mano con tripa larga
- Totally handmade long filler- with selected leaves coming from
* zone, (D.O.P),
Pinar del Río
*, Cuba.

incorporates the new Montecristo ring, which being innovative in its design keeps at the same time the classic look of the brand.

3-Montecristo-Double-Edmundo.jpg

The boxes of 10 and 25 units also carry a new protective
bofetón
(protective leaf of paper inside the box) as well as a
papeleta
(rectangular seal on the side of the box) in their presentations so that they can be easily identified in the shelves.

These enhancements of the image will gradually be incorporated into the rest of the vitolas and packaging of the Línea Edmundo.

4-1-Montecristo-Double-Edmundo.jpg

Montecristo
Double Edmundo
will be presented in its Semi Boite Nature (SBN) boxes of 25 and 10 units and will also be available soon in case of 3 units.

Double Edmundo
is starting to be available in the markets all around the world in wooden boxes of 25 and 10 units.

Brand:
Montecristo
Commercial Name:
Double Edmundo
Factory Name:
Dobles
Measures:
50 ring gauge (19.84 mm) x 155 mm in length
Presentation:
Semi Boite Nature box (SBN) of 25 units

Semi Boite Nature box (SBN) of 10 units

(The 3 units pack will be arriving slightly afterwards the 25 and 10's boxes)

* (D.O.P) Denominación de Origen Protegida. Protected Denomination of Origin

If my wrappers don't look just like those I'm going to complain.

I do enjoy both the Edmundo and the Petite, I had to double check on Trevors site and yeah... RG is 50 on this, 52 on the others.

I thought the Edmundo was a 52 RG. I am a fan of the Edmundos so I will definitely pick up a box of these at some point in the near future!

Hate those bands sad.png

I like them, maybe they will be a tad bit harder to counterfeit as well.

I'll be honest i like the new bands. Then again im easily amused and i like shiny things. I like the return to the wooden boxes too, hate the paper boxes.

What paper boxes?

Like I've said before about the bands.....while they do look like the NC version of Montecristo, and they might make things harder to distinguish for non-aficionados between the NC and the Cuban varieties, I do find that I'm liking it more and more. Since they switched away from the old style matte paper, and went with the glossy brown, I've always thought that it could use a bit of gold, to put Montecristo right up there with the other "premium" brands.

Also, I love this new packaging idea. The wood boxes, but with the bofeton and triangular-shaped papeleta in the traditional Montecristo yellow-red-and-gold, makes this a winner for me, aesthetically speaking.

Fingers crossed that they're good. I absolutely LOVE stunning Monte 2's and 4's, but lord knows how bad production quality ranges on those. I've had to submit (oh darn) to only buying epic boxes of PSP examples of these from Czar's only, and pretty much similar with Especials or other occasional Monte treats (HQ or PSP only now).

I'll definitely be searching for a couple quality 10-boxes of these upon this year's Havana trip in November.

A robusto takes me an hour to smoke. If I remember correctly, an Edmudo takes me at least 1 hr and 15mins. So if this Double Edmundo is for those who "enjoy their cigars at a more leisurely pace" and is "to be enjoyed in a smoking time of around an hour", it gives me the impression that it must be loosely packed or for those who draw hard and fast. Just saying.

Harder, not impossible. It's probably as simple as folding back the bofeton so that we can do the "upside-down-open-the-box-foot-check" trick.

I am not sure it can be called a "bofetón", which means "slap". If it's like the one in the Partagas E2 box, then yes it can be folded.