Favored cigars survey

I have decided as part of my interest and vocation in data anlytics to do an informal survey on the most popular cigars preferred by country or region, not based on HSA sales or other figures, but rather on preferences of seasoned smokers that participate on cigar forums.

I expect the results to differ significantly from those generally reported as I doubt the most favored cigar in any population sample will be the Monte #4, which has been consistently specified as the most popular cigar in the world for some time.

All I am asking is that you post your home country and top 3 favorite marcas/vitolas so I may collect the data for aggregation and analysis.

This survey is being performed across a number of sites I frequent so I ask that you only respond once on the first forum you encounter this request. If you have any suggestions regarding other forums not mentioned in other posts you think I might use to contribute to the study, please include those - or PM me if you'd rather. I'd like to get as large a cross-section as possible.

I appreciate your participation.

Interesting survey and best of luck with your project! It's very hard for me to even narrow it down to 3 favorites, because my favorite is whatever I'm in the mood for at that time. But I'll try my best.

USA

Cohiba

Partagas

H Upmann

Minutos

Corona Gorda

Double Corona

USA

HU Sir Winston

Boli PC

Monte 2

Honorable Mention: RASS

Por Larranaga regular productions

Flor de Cano selectos or PC

Partagas 897 Varnished

Australia

Bolivar Petite Corona

Rafael Gonzales Petite Corona

Cohiba Siglo VI

One comment though, a survey of this nature will have the same amount of bias as the polls you see on the news on TV. This will i guess figure out what the cigar enthusiasts on forums like to smoke, which will be good information for Rob and other retailers really, and in the end for us. Good stuff, I look forward to seeing what results you come up with !

One question. Are we putting down our favourite 3 smokes or our 3 most smoked cigars? There not necessarily the same.

If I want to treat myself on the odd occasion more times than not its one of the following...

Monte Especial

Cohiba Lancero

Trinidad Fundadores

UK

Australia

Bolivar Petite Corona

Rafael Gonzales Petite Corona

Cohiba Siglo VI

One comment though, a survey of this nature will have the same amount of bias as the polls you see on the news on TV. This will i guess figure out what the cigar enthusiasts on forums like to smoke, which will be good information for Rob and other retailers really, and in the end for us. Good stuff, I look forward to seeing what results you come up with !

Good point. I did ask favorites which does not imply most frequently smoked though I imagine a majority of us smoke our favorites most frequently.

All I am asking is that you post your home country and top 3 favorite marcas/vitolas so I may collect the data for aggregation and analysis.

As a matter of clarification, my request is for the marca/vitola e.g. Cohiba Robusto or FFOX Reserve de Chateau.

Thanks for everyone's input so far!

Mike