How do you track your stock

I use an ap called WTF. Where The F*** are those Mag 46's? Not to be confused with the other WTF apps, What The F*** is in this box? Or Why The F*** did I buy a Ghurka?

LOL thats what I said about Ghurka's yes they really are dog sticks!!!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been using the Mobile Stogie app for a while now and really like it. Most cigars are preloaded into the catalog so when a box arrives, you go to the reference section - pick the cigar and add it to your humidor. You can enter the price you paid (I try not to ever enter that info since sometimes I don't want to remember), date received, notes, etc. It will also produce a spreadsheet from the app which is nice.

I don't keep track, though at one point I had written it down. I have a ton of wineadors and rotate my boxes every few months. I love it when I come across a box I did not realize I had or when I realize I have a bunches of boxes of my favorite cigar! Like a kid on Christmas morning.

I seem to have been using my camera roll on my phone over the last couple of years. A pic of every new box, and a shot of every one I smoke. It's the scattered artistic side of my brain that likes this method. (Camera roll currently has over 2500 pics... :-S )

I do the same thing

If I smoke a cigar I've never had before I have a book for tasting notes so I can track how newer cigars age but for the most part I just take a bunch of photos and rely on my memory. I canr remember how the cigar was its either too long since I've had one or not good enough to be worth remembering

Personally, indisliked doing weekly inventory at the cigar shop in Mexico that any sort of of tracking puts me off. Half the fun is rummaging around for something to smoke.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=19.390051,-81.404449

I use HanDBase (iPad app) for a lot of stuff including my cigars.

Build a small database to document most cigars I come across, price lists for each cigar, offers and so on.

A wish list (helps to make fast and " rational" decisions, at least sometimes) and finally the stock list (Boxes only).

I've been using the Mobile Stogie app for a while now and really like it. Most cigars are preloaded into the catalog so when a box arrives, you go to the reference section - pick the cigar and add it to your humidor. You can enter the price you paid (I try not to ever enter that info since sometimes I don't want to remember), date received, notes, etc. It will also produce a spreadsheet from the app which is nice.

I use the same but I noticed the database hasn't been updated in quite a while...

I just keep a running Microsoft Word document going, listing who and where the cigars were bought/traded from, number of singles or boxes, cigar specifics, costs, quality level (PSP/HQ/etc.), box codes, etc., etc. I just add on another whole page for each individual transaction, whether it's for a single box purchase, a multi-box order, a trip-long pick-up (as in entering the overall haul from a Cuba trip), or even for singles received in a trade with a BOTL/SOTL.

Simple, details what I want, and I don't have to rely on any software or outside stuff. Just a simple Word doc. Works for me, anyways.

this thread got me thinking, so I spent the morning doing an inventory on google doc, pretty good and free....feel a bit more organized now having to only look at a document for codes then searching through my cooler of boxes.

this thread got me thinking, so I spent the morning doing an inventory on google doc, pretty good and free....feel a bit more organized now having to only look at a document for codes then searching through my cooler of boxes.

Well done Jim!

Now, did you include prices as well? Did you get a total amount? For this reason I've not done an inventory on my boxes. I'm honestly scared to do it. Lol.

Now, did you include prices as well? Did you get a total amount? For this reason I've not done an inventory on my boxes. I'm honestly scared to do it. Lol.

I've done this. And it is quite sobering. pod.gif But. I felt it'd be better to know than to bury my head in the sand. innocent.gif

Spreadsheets here, tracking just about everything from quantities and cost and reviews. In the dead of winter when I haven't smoked in a while I take everything apart and update all my totals. Keeps me connected to the hobby that way.

I use the same but I noticed the database hasn't been updated in quite a while...

Me too. Used to use religiously, but it stopped letting me load cigars manually that were not in their database. Am experimenting with CigarBoss iOS app now.