How do you track your stock

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my case it's all in my head! :lol: I tried mobile stogie, excel, bento and even built my own fancy access database withe queries and all. Never got into the habit of consistently updating the lists. It's just too much work. Especially if you take the route of updating the quantity with every cigar you smoke as per the mobile stogie app approach. I know just throw the boxes in the wineadors and rummage through the collection every now and then. The surprise factor is a bonus ;)

Well done Jim!

Now, did you include prices as well? Did you get a total amount? For this reason I've not done an inventory on my boxes. I'm honestly scared to do it. Lol.

no way...........lol!! don't want to make any evidence, but i did tally up my total # of smokes and if u figure an average price of each, you have a pretty good idea of how much money you'll be burning.....btw, my stash is equivalent to a party short, compared to yours at an MGR nyah.gif

In my case it's all in my head! :lol: I tried mobile stogie, excel, bento and even built my own fancy access database withe queries and all. Never got into the habit of consistently updating the lists. It's just too much work. Especially if you take the route of updating the quantity with every cigar you smoke as per the mobile stogie app approach. I know just throw the boxes in the wineadors and rummage through the collection every now and then. The surprise factor is a bonus ;)

This. It's kinda nice finding half a box of stuff now and then. I'm certainly not into micro management!

no way...........lol!! don't want to make any evidence, but i did tally up my total # of smokes and if u figure an average price of each, you have a pretty good idea of how much money you'll be burning.....btw, my stash is equivalent to a party short, compared to yours at an MGR nyah.gif

Now now now, I think you're over exaggerating a little bit. Lol.

Great thread - I have a general idea of what I have - don't use a formal system - I only keep 4-6 types of cigars I like on hand in boxes and singles - trying something new I'll buy a sampler - only 1 wineador at this stage - if I ever go bigger it'll be a stand up freezer - at that point I would want to have an inventory system

I track my stock by sitting on the floor in front of my humidor and playing with everything that's in there. I periodically check all the boxes for mold or bugs. I smell them and have little moments of ecstasy from all the varieties and flavors that are there. It's no fun to keep them locked away. They have to come out and be admired occasionally.

The best tracking software is on this site... top left... it says "Cigar Locker"... if only it was scratch and sniff.

Agreed. What I would give for a mini cam. I'd look at my stash frequently.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=19.390051,-81.404450

I unfortunately am still building my stash so its easy to keep track of, I have 1 50ct humi filled, and a buddy of mine hooked me up with a 200-300ct humi that im seasoning now and will start putting my new stuff into smile.png and Thanks to Yello, I have a few that I will be storing in it