How do you track your stock

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep a physical journal I update every month. Beautiful leather hand built journals http://www.renaissance-art.com/ they have all sizes and colors, options. Pricey but worth it. Smell amazing. I usually don't keep the specifics in terms of how many I smoke out of each box but just a reference guide to my stock with box codes/etc

I seem to have been using my camera roll on my phone over the last couple of years. A pic of every new box, and a shot of every one I smoke. It's the scattered artistic side of my brain that likes this method. (Camera roll currently has over 2500 pics... :-S )

I just use a spreadsheet. I keep tabs on when I've bought a box, when it arrives, price, duties(if any), TCO (price & duties), quantity of cigars and a running per stick cost ($'s spent / quantity).

There's a cool little app called Cigar Briefcase. Unfortunately it's been abandoned. I contacted the creator of it and he was perfectly willing to hand over the source code, but he lost it. sad.png I did manage to get his cigar brand databases, which are pretty extensive. But now, I can' find them. sad.pngsad.png The app is very useable though. You can add new inventory, brands, cigars, pictures and subtract a stick you just smoked. It will trend your smoking habits. It has some great potential.

I have found that setting up a spreadsheet on excel works best for me. It is easy to create, update, sort, modify, etc. I use this only for box purchases/stock. I don't track my singles stock. When the box gets low it goes from the box to the singles drawer in the cabinet. I put a band on it with year and box code on it. I often smoke out of the singles drawer before reaching into a box for a cigar. Also, I have tried a couple of apps and they were just to slow and cumbersome.

I use an ap called WTF. Where The F*** are those Mag 46's? Not to be confused with the other WTF apps, What The F*** is in this box? Or Why The F*** did I buy a Ghurka?

I used to keep a very robust spreadsheet system. Now I just look at the boxes as they're stacked up and smile. Some are intact, some are half filled, I can't tell anymore. All that more fun when I open it back up.

I'm in the same boat

I use an ap called WTF. Where The F*** are those Mag 46's? Not to be confused with the other WTF apps, What The F*** is in this box? Or Why The F*** did I buy a Ghurka?

Hilarious, you use that app too? ok.gif

Last night I did a huge box consolidation, ensuring months and months of highs and lows when searching for cigars.

I used to keep a very robust spreadsheet system. Now I just look at the boxes as they're stacked up and smile. Some are intact, some are half filled, I can't tell anymore. All that more fun when I open it back up.

I used to use google docs so i had the inventory handy no matter where I was. I now subscribe to mk05 school of thought. Nothing like finding a box you forgot you had.

Mike

This sums it up for me! I am in the process of converting a new cabinet Humi and converting one of my wine fridges into a singles cabinet, so maybe I will update everything once I get those completed.