Worst LE ever?

Haven't seen a thread on this so thought I'd throw it out there.

I'm a big fan of the Hoyo de Monterey marque having enjoyed multiple Epi 2s, 1s, Dieux and even the diminutive Depute. However, after multiple sticks from 2 different boxes, the Hoyo Regalos 2007 baffles me for its dull, bland and bitter character. It seems they simply got the blend wrong. Or have I been unlucky!?

Anyway that's my vote for the worst LE ever.

Any other nominations?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trinidad Ingenios from 2007. I've smoked a few...half of the cigar is good,the rest bland. I have a full box that I picked up for a steal. The cigars look fantastic. Dark chocolate, oily wrappers. I'm hoping they'll get better over time.

My next candidate is the Trini Robusto Short T. I've never smoked one but conceptually, it's a loser in that it was more expensive than the regular Robusto T. Just a terrible idea. :rolleyes:

Partagas EL from 2010 when on are exceptional. When off they are tasteless wind tunnels. Unfortunately there has been very little middle ground. I own 1 box that I would consider "off," one that is "on" and another that I haven't touched yet (but looks exceptional).

Haven't smoked too many ELs - just the mag 48, RA extra and Monte 520.

They are all good cigars. Surprisingly, the 520 had the most character of the three. I considered buying a box (even though I prefer small to medium ring gauge!) but realised I could get a 25 box of HDM des dieux or similar and still have change!

My LE expierence is mostly 07 on but too have smoked a HDM regalos and I wouldn't say it was terrible but it didn't do anything for me so it my worst LE

RA Extra. Half-joking but what an overrated cigar. Slap a Vegueros band on it and I wonder about the accolades.

Awwwww..come on. I like Vegueros.

Had an Epicure De Luxe........shockingly dull.

2004 RyJ Hermosos...bland.

Yes, they were for a loooong time. But I can tell you they have started coming around nicely now. Unfortunately, I burned near half a box "trying" them every six months and now I wish I had the whole box the way they are smoking these days.

Trinidad Ingenios from 2007. I've smoked a few...half of the cigar is good,the rest bland.

I agree except the fact that it never really started out nice for me at all. Luckily I only bought a handful of singles.

Other than the Trinidad I haven't had a bad EL yet.

to the OP: most of the time it is not bad fresh, but with passing of time it becomes....just another aged EL. The question to you is:

Which non-global brands had been released as ELs? Which non-global brands are about to be releases as ELs?