Cuban cigars brought into the US...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As an American you are technically not allowed to even smoke them when you are outside the country as well. At least that's what I have been led to believe.

Modertrated by laficion...................................................................................................................................................................

..............................................................................................................................................................................

To all the US friends on the forums.

Is there a way to bring legally cubans from Canada to the US, and if yes how

thanks for all you answers in advance

To all the US friends on the forums.

Is there a way to bring legally cubans from Canada to the US, and if yes how

thanks for all you answers in advance

Legally.... absolutely none.

sorry but this question makes me laugh. no disrespect just funny. asking in public how to avoid not 1 but 2 bullets

bullet #1: ccs illegal in us

bullet #2: enter illegal product illegally in america

Hmm... I'll be damned. I just reviewed the link that Lotusguy provided and that answers that question.

You learn something new every day, eh?

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

As an American you are technically not allowed to even smoke them when you are outside the country as well. At least that's what I have been led to believe.

If thats true. Thats a real shame. But that doesnt make any sense

I heard this also while in Spain, Americans are not allowed to possess any Cuban products even while out of the country.

And why would we, and take a chance at being labeled a 'commie supporter'?

One time when I was flying in through Detroit Metro, I had a few cases on my carry on with around 150 cigars(all labels intact), this older woman in US customs asked for me to open it up. She looked in, said "wow those smell good," and then asked "are they Cuban?" Grinned, Then she started to laugh and said "I could care less honey, this country makes no sense, have a good smoke" she brightened my day up

Pre embargo cuban cigars are absolutely legal in the US to bring in and smoke

There was a time after the embargo was in place, Americans licensed to travel to Cuba were permitted to bring back a limited number of cigars. I believe the limit was $$ value not number of cigars, but I could be wrong.

From the U.S. Customs website:

"The allowance for bringing in up to $100 worth of Cubancigars if you were on authorized travel to Cuba is no longer in effect. All importations of Cuban cigars are illegal, includingCuban cigars that were acquired in other countries (such as Canada, England, or Mexico).

There is now an across board ban on the importation into the United States of Cuban-origin cigars and other Cuban-origin tobacco products, as well as most other products of Cuban origin. This prohibition extends to such products acquired in Cuba, irrespective of whether a traveler is licensed by Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to engage in Cuban travel related transactions.

Criminal penalties for violation of the Regulations range up to $1,000,000 in fines for corporations, $250,000 for individuals and up to 10 years in prison. Civil penalties of up to $65,000 per violation may be imposed by OFAC.

Foreign residents and visitors to the U.S.(i.e., French, Mexican etc) may not bring in goods of Cuban origin under any circumstances."

The rules have been relaxed somewhat. There was a point when an American who had inhaled the second hand smoke of a Cuban cigar could be siezed by CIA operatives and water boarded to flush the illegal vapors from the citizen's system. It may still be illegal to smoke even a gifted CC on foreign soil.

I don't think thats true. It's a trade embargo. If your outside the US smoke away, just don't bring any back.