Inverted snobbery and the consistently under-rated cigar...

There are lots of lists this time of year and most are understandably about the "best of the best" but which cigar do you feel in consistently good and consistently under-rated or under-appreciated generally speaking...doesn't have to be about price...

I don't smoke many pyramids (more a PC, CG or dahlia man) but would put forward the Sancho Panza Belicoso, just always enjoy them and think they're probably avoided/not bothered with by most people...

So what would you nominate?

Anything by QdO. Seriously underrated and very different from other CC;s.

RyJ Short and Wide Churchills and Cazadores. The RyJ brand has taken a beating. These help bring back some respectability.

Monte #3, they all look like utter crap but I've found the worse they look the better they are! The more age the better too if you like milder smokes, they turn into pure vanilla and dried fruit and milk chocolate.

Quintero Panetela, milk chocolate and sweet ceder, no pretentious ideals just rich honest Cuban tobacco. They gain more sweetness with age.

Agreed fully on QdO as a whole being under-rated.

I wouldn't say that LGC is necessarily under-rated, but is definitely a marca under-appreciated by a huge part of the consumer base. A great marca with some age on them.

But also, Por Larranaga. Not under-rated within those in the know, and as a marca it's definitely been getting more exposure through some excellent recent Regional Editions and the like. But I think it's a marca that's definitely both under-rated and under-appreciated by H S.A. and the unaware and/or generic Habanos consumer. The PL Montecarlos are great value for money, and just a stellar all-around cigar.

My whole humidor seems to be filled with under appreciated cigars . . .

#1: RyJ Cazadores

#2: PL Montecarlos

#3: Trinidad Coloniales

#4: RyJ Short Churchill

#5: Partagas Serie D Especial EL 2010

Other are Partagas 898, Montecristo Petit Edmundo, Bolivar Royal Corona A/T

Another vote for QdO, RG, and ERDM as whole marcas. The upside is that if you buy boxes, more than likely they have a few years on them already. The downside is the threat of the axe :(

Another vote for QdO, RG, and ERDM as whole marcas. The upside is that if you buy boxes, more than likely they have a few years on them already. The downside is the threat of the axe sad.png

Solution = Threat of Axe ONLY humidor

Added to:

- Smoke in the Next 5 Years Humidor

- Birthday Box Humidor

- Kids Birthday Box Humidor

- Anniversay Box Humidor

- Those Nast NC's Humidor

- RE/EL Humidor

- Mooch Humidor (Also See Those Nasty NC's Humidor)

Finally, "We need a bigger house so I can store all of my cigars"

Exactly. I have already told my wife that the next house we buy I must have a library for work, wine and cigars. Sealed with it's own HVAC and venting . . . then I remember I have to put at least two kids thru college and research bigger wineadors :)

… under appreciated cigars . . .

#2: PL Montecarlos

… Partagas 898, Montecristo Petit Edmundo, Bolivar Royal Corona A/T

Underrated cigars? Maybe in the "Desert SouthWest" but not in Europe… I even watched a video of J. Suckling praising the merits of the Petit Edmundo…

My personal impression my friend. I would imagine they aren't on anyone's Top 10 list.

No personal opinions allowed! (anyone would think taste is subjective... :P)

For me, I'd say PL panetalas, RyJ cazadores and HdM epi 1s (HdM is an underrated marca IMO).

Solution = Threat of Axe ONLY humidor

Added to:

- Smoke in the Next 5 Years Humidor

- Birthday Box Humidor

- Kids Birthday Box Humidor

- Anniversay Box Humidor

- Those Nast NC's Humidor

- RE/EL Humidor

- Mooch Humidor (Also See Those Nasty NC's Humidor)

Finally, "We need a bigger house so I can store all of my cigars"

LOL. That's awesome.

.... :lookaround: ....my wife keeps on wondering "where are all these coolers coming from", and "why do we need all these coolers for 'roughing it'"? LOL. :hole::disguise:

RG, QdO and EDRM for myself.

I love the QdO Imperiales and I have none left....these thing are awesome :)

I know right? QDO imperiales are ridiculously tasty. I love the coronas but Churchills are awesome. If I had the time I would smoke em a lit more. I have one left