Inverted snobbery and the consistently under-rated cigar...

I haven't seen the RG Perlas outside Spain yet. They're great cigars and, although the price went up, still about 60 euro a box. I've smoked through about 2 boxes since July and haven't had a bad one. I enjoy JLP Petit Cazadores, PL Montecarlos and Panetelas and Quintero Brevas when the time is right for them but, in my opinion, none come close to the RG Perlas regarding value.

I haven't seen the RG Perlas outside Spain yet. They're great cigars and, although the price went up, still about 60 euro a box. I've smoked through about 2 boxes since July and haven't had a bad one. I enjoy JLP Petit Cazadores, PL Montecarlos and Panetelas and Quintero Brevas when the time is right for them but, in my opinion, none come close to the RG Perlas regarding value.

Those Perlas are excellent.

Smoked the first wandering around, then sat and smoked a few. Really tasty, flavourful, medium strength. Love em.

Cuaba Generosos and Distinguidos, Montecristo Edmundo, RYJ Short Churchill and MILF are the few ones that I love that gets no love!

Tapatalk'd from my Note II part Tres

Cuaba Generosos and Distinguidos, Montecristo Edmundo, RYJ Short Churchill and MILF are the few ones that I love that gets no love!

Ahh, the joys of an underrated MILF!

Most underrated smoke? I'd have to say Cohiba Robusto. People knock these as being overhyped and overpriced, but they actually are extremely underrated.

Totally agree with you, leave em a good while & they are a terrific smoke...

also agree with the perlas, cazadores etc.

I'm not sure if underrated is the word we're looking for...perhaps less popular/hyped..would be a better description..IMHO there's not many at all I'd really turn my nose up to....

Did someone say MILF???? LOL No sure what it stands for in cigar terms.....

Mille Fleur. RYJ and Partagas both have vitola by this name. So does Stifflers mum lol

I used to say dip5s but no more.

Not exactly cheap at all but I think cohiba secretos do no receive the plaudits they deserve. Full flavoured slow burning smoke with heavy dark chocolate notes.

x2 great smokes, by ar the best of the maduro line imo. Infact the only ones worth buying and worth the money for me.

Totally agree with you, leave em a good while & they are a terrific smoke...

also agree with the perlas, cazadores etc.

I'm not sure if underrated is the word we're looking for...perhaps less popular/hyped..would be a better description..IMHO there's not many at all I'd really turn my nose up to....

Take your point about the term "under-rated" but I thinks it is ok as it seems to have got the sort of replies I was hoping for...I was looking for the "insiders smokes" ones you would necessary think of as a first thought

How about SLR regios and Serie A.

+1 on the Regios. Now a big fave of mine!