So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

This was on sale today so I couldn't pass it up. 28e321ecf38905acdc1829ca2c44ff72.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favorite cigar pairing scotch. Excited for batch 50!

Might I ask what a sale price is? We have it here at 95 and I buy a bottle every few months...

• Like 1

My favorite cigar pairing scotch. Excited for batch 50!

Might I ask what a sale price is? We have it here at 95 and I buy a bottle every few months...

Sure....I got it for $65.00 at one of the places I frequent from time to time and I am glad I did!

Vintage Madiera and a Cognac Cigare blend

1ba8f221f07248465c3e567c141b51b8.jpg

How do you like that Cigar Blend Cognac? I found a bottle collecting dust at a store in Kansas. Never really got any solid info on it, but its pretty nice. Reminds me a lot more of some of the nicer rums I've had than Cognac.

• Like 1

How do you like that Cigar Blend Cognac? I found a bottle collecting dust at a store in Kansas. Never really got any solid info on it, but its pretty nice. Reminds me a lot more of some of the nicer rums I've had than Cognac.

I havnt cracked it yet...I have a date with a Vintage Port first

Yeah it's a pretty obscure bottling and I had never seen a specific Cigar blend Cognac from a small house so keen to try it !

A couple more of these discontinueds arrived today:

c137361325d1e6b31275132abb8e2dba.jpg

That makes all four from different casks.

We are having a private Balvenie tasting in a few weeks...you should fly over Sengjc it's going to be epic !

• Like 2

We are having a private Balvenie tasting in a few weeks...you should fly over Sengjc it's going to be epic !

I wish I could but my boss at work and at home will hate me - coming into a busy period at work and the in-laws from overseas are in town at the moment. :(

For collecting purposes should I jump on the ***** 15 Miyagikyo for around 135 USD?

If you like it, yes. The ***** line is going NAS. Taketsuru is already NAS.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I tried this at Feis Ile this year. A cracking good dram, glad to have won a chance to pick some up!

Too bad they are 35 cl bottles - would be nicer to be full size bottles, but I guess this way more folks can try it!

attachicon.gifLaffy.jpg

I put myself on the ballot too for some of these.