So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

Some recent arrivals:

ee603873f4972df3323b436ada307fd0.jpg

Getting another Mortlach before the prices become stupid like the Macallan (what I predict will happen based on pricing for the new distillery releases - the 25 year old non-cask strength is retailing for nearly $1,000 in AUS).

f836d0794d3f6bdb5fb05aad3e57e9c3.jpg

I have heard good things about this particularly limited bottling from another increasingly popular distillery.

afe7448d8d82f2633f751cafecf630d3.jpg

Some cask strength sherry matureds - my taste preference is now gradually shifting back to sherry.

• Like 2

4d264f7b2fcc415698ace9c1dec01fa3.jpg

These were on sale when passed by one of the local bottleshops earlier this evening while out for dinner.

I always enjoy seeing what your recent acquisitions are and hearing what you think about them, but I have to ask: where/how do you keep your amazing collection of spirits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always enjoy seeing what your recent acquisitions are and hearing what you think about them, but I have to ask: where/how do you keep your amazing collection of spirits?

At home and in shelves (whisky) or the wine fridge (Cognac/Armagnac)

I keep them upright so that the alcohol doesn't degrade the cork.

For those to be kept for the long term, the bottles themselves are typically sealed with plastic and tape to guard against evaporation.

• Like 1

Some nice Flora & Fauna bottlings. Which auction? I hope I didn't bid against you.

Haha awesome, I have been through four auctions this month already and purchased from all of them.

Three more shipments are inbound

...what Auctions you bidding on

Some recent arrivals:

ee603873f4972df3323b436ada307fd0.jpg

Getting another Mortlach before the prices become stupid like the Macallan (what I predict will happen based on pricing for the new distillery releases - the 25 year old non-cask strength is retailing for nearly $1,000 in AUS).

f836d0794d3f6bdb5fb05aad3e57e9c3.jpg

I have heard good things about this particularly limited bottling from another increasingly popular distillery.

afe7448d8d82f2633f751cafecf630d3.jpg

Some cask strength sherry matureds - my taste preference is now gradually shifting back to sherry.

Good call on stocking up on Mortlach Sengjc

The new distillery releases are ridiculously priced.

Angela just saw an 18 year old in Duty Free on her way back from Venice at the Airport for just under a grand...WTF !!!

Can't wait to try the Signatory 24 ...might grab another one myself as I know where one is hiding

Was bidding at an auction for a Mortlach 35 but it just hitting £550 yikes!

Going deep on Single cask and Tun Balvenie"s instead...

Haha awesome, I have been through four auctions this month already and purchased from all of them.

Three more shipments are inbound

...what Auctions you bidding on

The German one and SWA. I would have bid at Bonham's last month, but most of the estimates were ridiculous. I should check the results to see how they did.

How does the 21 compare to the 25? I can get the 25 here for about 130 USD.

In a recent tasting of the Glenfarclas line-up from 12 YO all the way to the 30 YO, I found the 21 YO to have less wood-barrel influence, more sherry fruit as compared to the 25 YO.

The 21 YO is a nice step-up from the 15 YO. Whereas the 25 YO appears to be a different animal altogether, the 21 YO suits as an after dinner drink whereas the 25 YO would be better suited to a cigar and a leather armchair.

In a recent tasting of the Glenfarclas line-up from 12 YO all the way to the 30 YO, I found the 21 YO to have less wood-barrel influence, more sherry fruit as compared to the 25 YO.

The 21 YO is a nice step-up from the 15 YO. Whereas the 25 YO appears to be a different animal altogether, the 21 YO suits as an after dinner drink whereas the 25 YO would be better suited to a cigar and a leather armchair.

Cigar and armchair?!?! PERFECTION! Lol

How does the price seem? Thanks Seng