So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

My two all time favourite distilleries...Mortlach and Balvenie.

The most experienced Whisky guy I know said this Balvenie Sherry Oak Cask 17 year old is one of the very best whiskies he has ever had.

083dcce59611da3342fdf5d691ace8c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have access to that Signatory Mortlach. Almost picked it up. Let me know how it is.

I would love to try those Balvenie. Are they rare?

• Like 1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

I have access to that Signatory Mortlach. Almost picked it up. Let me know how it is.

I would love to try those Balvenie. Are they rare?

The Mortlach is excellent and a smart investment as prices are going skyhigh !

Yes those Balvenies are hard to find and the Sherry Oak cask extremely sought after...if you can find one.

My shipment finally came from overseas:

dcf28b76fe58d4c803fabc372dc1ab80.jpg

Mortlach 20 SMWS

Glen Moray 17 SMWS

Glendronach 18 CS

Imperial 19 CS

HC Seleccion de Maestros

My local shop got some goodies in:

05c491b2c1f23f55ef0d90da0ac36096.jpg

Springbank 17 CS

Laphroaig 15 reissue

Springbank 10/100 (very old)

Dallas Dhu 27 rum finish CS

And finally some bourbon:

4605342352a87fac6ba505496202b509.jpg

Elijah Craig BP

Smooth Ambler OS11 BP Lincoln Road pick

Nice moves bro

I have one of those Springbank 100 proof stashed on the whisky shelf somewhere .

• Like 1

My two all time favourite distilleries...Mortlach and Balvenie.

The most experienced Whisky guy I know said this Balvenie Sherry Oak Cask 17 year old is one of the very best whiskies he has ever had.

083dcce59611da3342fdf5d691ace8c6.jpg

Those are some nice pickups- the F&F Mortlach- I'd like to know what you think, I've heard mixed reviews. The Signatory looks promising. Those are old Balvenies!

• Like 1

How does the 21 compare to the 25? I can get the 25 here for about 130 USD.

Shlomo- the farclas 25 for $130 is a steal! It's usually around $150 in the States. The 21 is much more fruit forward and vibrant, while the 25 truly tastes like very old scotch, meaning that it is much more muted in flavor and the flavors are delicate- you really need a clean palate and time to get the nuance out of it.

Personally, I prefer the 21, but the 25 is a great buy and both are excellent, just different.

• Like 1

Those are some nice pickups- the F&F Mortlach- I'd like to know what you think, I've heard mixed reviews. The Signatory looks promising. Those are old Balvenies!

This F&F Mortlach16 is the second one I picked up in recent weeks so will crack one and let you know.

The F&F Rosebank was "okay" but nothing startling...might have to pick up the Rosebank 21 year old to try next.

Shlomo- the farclas 25 for $130 is a steal! It's usually around $150 in the States. The 21 is much more fruit forward and vibrant, while the 25 truly tastes like very old scotch, meaning that it is much more muted in flavor and the flavors are delicate- you really need a clean palate and time to get the nuance out of it.

Personally, I prefer the 21, but the 25 is a great buy and both are excellent, just different.

Thanks. It's actually 170 Canadian, which is a touch more than 130 USD. It was 160 cad a few weeks ago...lol

What does the control prohibit?

Prohibits buying from ANYWHERE else. Its a state controlled monopoly that is VERY strictly guarded. Technically I am not even allowed buying liquor from other provinces without declaring and paying provincial taxes. Its sick.

Prohibits buying from ANYWHERE else. Its a state controlled monopoly that is VERY strictly guarded. Technically I am not even allowed buying liquor from other provinces without declaring and paying provincial taxes. Its sick.

Wow... That makes Cuban state regulation look quite liberal. Sad to hear that - quite ridiculous really.

We get taxed to the hilt.....but there's never a problem in sourcing it, and importation.

Wow... That makes Cuban state regulation look quite liberal. Sad to hear that - quite ridiculous really.

We get taxed to the hilt.....but there's never a problem in sourcing it, and importation.

Well like I said above, we can certainly bring it in, but the taxes to be paid make it quiet ridiculous and not worth the effort.