Queensland Floods

Hi all

Just got back from work and saw the state of the Queens land floods hope Rob and crew and all Queensland members are safe

And prayers to all affected in this Terrible example of the power of Mother Nature

Cheers

OZ :D

Yeah... even from this afar, it is a sad and terrible calamity (similar to the one our fellow sandgropers up north have suffered). God willing it will abate soon, and the glorious sun return to the Sunshine State.

Actually my mind was taken off the bad weather today.

I went down stairs this morning and opened the door to a work room I had built under the house a couple of years ago.

Actually it's more of a mini den of sorts, glass shelves and pine paneling.

I looked down at the floor just inside the door and to my horror found an absolute swarm of termites.

They weren't there on Saturday but they sure as he'll were now.

I spent the rest of the day finding and killing them.

I only finished at about 8 pm.

I then came upstairs to find that the computer I use for the business has died and if I can't retrieve what's on my hard drive I'm screwed big time.

My Wife said that if we didn't have bad luck we would have no luck at all.

I don't usually agree with my wife on these matters but this f###ing weather is really starting to depress me.

And still I know that my troubles are nothing compared to many poor souls out there in our state tonight.

Seriously, this country serves up some major events for us to have to deal with....

My sincerest symapthies go out to all affected families and individuals.

Flood Evacuation notice for Diana and my home a few minutes ago. Apparently a wall of water on the way downstream.

.....I should call Ken :thumbsdwn:

Please, just keep yourselves and family safe, we are all praying.

To all, Take care.

The scale of this rain is starting to scare me... my thoughts and prayers are with those in Towoomba who have lost lives and house

For our International clients this is just an idea of the force of what we are experiencing

http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/national/watch/23798790

Lisa

Wow. Absolutely unreal and jaw-dropping.

However, on a side note - that's one hot news anchorwoman on that clip. Yowsers!!!

ta for all thoughts and prayers for all those suffering.

what is extraordinary about toowoomba is that it is at the top of a mountain range. how the hell does that happen at 1000 metres? and not as though melting snow or anything like that. terrifying.

last flash flood, i stayed home but this time, even though the water not yet at the same level, i evacuated. reckon i had about 30 minutes left to get across the bridge before it flooded.

woke up this morning to find a 100 foot tree had been knocked over by the waters. it is only ten feet from the balcony but thankfully fell the other way. no idea what damage, or even if there'll be a home left, when i get back. stil, if one gets out unscathed, better off than some.

provided the water doesn't divert, i'm hopefully it will be okay but with the record levels predicted for the next few days, who knows if it will get that high.

keep you posted.

have had to cancel lunch at noosa thursday so things are tough. i have mates who are refusing to cancel lunch in the city tomorrow as yet. they'll need snorkels.