Queensland Floods

ta for all thoughts and prayers for all those suffering.

what is extraordinary about toowoomba is that it is at the top of a mountain range. how the hell does that happen at 1000 metres? and not as though melting snow or anything like that. terrifying.

last flash flood, i stayed home but this time, even though the water not yet at the same level, i evacuated. reckon i had about 30 minutes left to get across the bridge before it flooded.

woke up this morning to find a 100 foot tree had been knocked over by the waters. it is only ten feet from the balcony but thankfully fell the other way. no idea what damage, or even if there'll be a home left, when i get back. stil, if one gets out unscathed, better off than some.

provided the water doesn't divert, i'm hopefully it will be okay but with the record levels predicted for the next few days, who knows if it will get that high.

keep you posted.

have had to cancel lunch at noosa thursday so things are tough. i have mates who are refusing to cancel lunch in the city tomorrow as yet. they'll need snorkels.

Jeez mate hope all turns out alright

From the minute to minute Live updates on the current National disaster happening in Queensland, I am hoping all Queenlanders are safe and sound.

Rob, Diana and Ken - hope your homes are safe from this.

Our thoughts are with you (till you have recovered and State of Origin is back on).

For our international members, this is now most part of the Queenland. Just an idea of what is in store here as well.

Just to give an idea what the picture is - Wivenhoe Dam was only at 20% capacity, now it is 175%+ and it is expected to go past 200%. All that water needs to be released somehow but it also means more ppl affected.

Truly horrific and tragic. Mother nature has a cruel sense of humor. Too all of you in harms way...stay safe, and hopefully dry.

Amazing video that I've come across, prayers to all of you @ Czar, and any who are in harms way. Below is a video link from you tube I came across this morning, if I can get in to paste, just unbelievable. (not sure how to post just the link, sorry.

Toowoomba Flood 2011.01.10

Again, take care.

Guys it is 5.30 am and sitting at home trying to see how I can get to work, the sun has come out (thank god) but most roads are flooded and worsebto come . Diana is fine but won't be able to get in for a few days as all roads are blocked, I live on high ground so I am safe but not too many people are as lucky . The are cutting power off through the city as to keep things safe but hopefully we will be fine at Czars . Will keep you up to date and will be at my desk as soon as I can.

Hopefully there is no more loss of life

Guys it is 5.30 am and sitting at home trying to see how I can get to work, the sun has come out (thank god) but most roads are flooded and worsebto come . Diana is fine but won't be able to get in for a few days as all roads are blocked, I live on high ground so I am safe but not too many people are as lucky . The are cutting power off through the city as to keep things safe but hopefully we will be fine at Czars . Will keep you up to date and will be at my desk as soon as I can.

Hopefully there is no more loss of life

You have my permission to stay home today sweetie! Stay out of harms way okay! Knowing Rob (and his affinity for the the gutter) I am hoping he managed to keep himself and his family safe. Thanks for checking in. XO- Piggy

Roads to czar are blocked from my side :clap: we haven't reached peak flood yet and there is a massive of waters to come .

Czar house will be safe as we sit on a hill but most roads around us will go under , hopefully they are wrong

Haven't heard from Rob or Smithy must have been a late night for both on them

Will let you know during the day

Hi sweetie

All our thoughts and best wishes are with you all today ,take care,and stay safe

Steve :clap:

Roads to czar are blocked from my side :clap: we haven't reached peak flood yet and there is a massive of waters to come .

Czar house will be safe as we sit on a hill but most roads around us will go under , hopefully they are wrong

Haven't heard from Rob or Smithy must have been a late night for both on them

Will let you know during the day

Stay safe Lise...

ta for all thoughts and prayers for all those suffering.

what is extraordinary about toowoomba is that it is at the top of a mountain range. how the hell does that happen at 1000 metres? and not as though melting snow or anything like that. terrifying.

last flash flood, i stayed home but this time, even though the water not yet at the same level, i evacuated. reckon i had about 30 minutes left to get across the bridge before it flooded.

woke up this morning to find a 100 foot tree had been knocked over by the waters. it is only ten feet from the balcony but thankfully fell the other way. no idea what damage, or even if there'll be a home left, when i get back. stil, if one gets out unscathed, better off than some.

provided the water doesn't divert, i'm hopefully it will be okay but with the record levels predicted for the next few days, who knows if it will get that high.

keep you posted.

have had to cancel lunch at noosa thursday so things are tough. i have mates who are refusing to cancel lunch in the city tomorrow as yet. they'll need snorkels.

Please tell us that you got your cigar and wine stash out okay?!?!?!! ;)