Your cigar of the past week?

It was a good week for me cigar wise as I was up at a friends cottage for a week. I had my first Cohiba Robusto, Bolivar Gold Medal, and Partagas P2. A couple of my trusty Mag 50's and even one NC a Nub Cameroon which was pleasantly surprising.

Initial thoughts (too relaxed to put paper to pen for proper tasting notes)

Cohiba Robusto

Excellent draw & burn. Packed with flavour, smooth throughout.

Partagas P2. Great draw & burn. Varied in strength and flavour throughout. Bitter notes at times.

Bolivar Gold Medal. Constant rich flavours, great burn and draw, loads of tobacco flavour. Even gave me a bit of a buzz. :sleeping:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a great week of cigars. Sunday it was a '01 Esplendido, just to see how they are coming along. They are coming along great.

Tuesday I had a '98 Boli Corona Gigante I got from Van. I wish I had a cab or two of these.

Yesterday it was a Boli Corona Extra, '01. This may be my favorite cigar. Full, rich, earthy smoothness with a little bite and a long finish. I can still taste it. Bolivar is probably my favorite Marca, this week, anyway.

Didn't smoke a single stick this past week. F'N allergies ! Ragweed is in high gear in the NE USA.

I am so snotted up that I can't taste a damn thing. I may try something small this weekend.

I have to say was a great week for cigars, had a few that rock my boat. First off was a Boli PC had smoked one when I first got it and was not impressed. But must have sat for 3 months and it blew my doors off, has kept me wanting and sad I missed the psp 50 cab Smitty had posted hehe.

Second was the Monte 2's. I got a few Psp boxes from czar and they where so on I smoked 4 of them this week. The flavors just jumped out.

Third I have to say was pleasantly surprised. Had a box of JL1's sitting around that I had not smoked and lit one up last night. It was really on. Great flavor very earthy and coffee like.

Had the one time much hyped Gurkha Pre-embargo Cuban with 70 year old tobacco, so they say.... :sleeping:

The cigar was presented to me few months ago by my boss. It had been sitting in my humidor for about six months.The cigar was full flavored and one dimensional. Void of any complexity. Hint of pepper in the begining, classic cuban tobacco flavor throughout. This did not taste like aged tobacco. Kept getting stronger and stronger towards the end. Almost an element of harshness. This was a weird blend.

Glad I had it, would not miss it in the future. The regular stock cubans are much better, than this cigar that sells for $250 a stick.

For those who have never had it, you have not missed anything.

Might sound a little mushy, but has anyone felt so strongly for a cigar that they liked, that it saddens them when you know it's no longer being made?

And I mean REALLY saddens you..... :(

... just unroll the scroll of discontinued cigars and you will find the end of my crying towel!!!

As far as the thread is concerned, I smoked several cigars this week. They were all excellent! One thing is for sure, when you are not bumping your nose against your cage trying to find and EL to like, you can smoke a lot of really great regular production cigars and focus on them. My plan... Go to the humidor, pull out a cigar with a few years of age, don't worry about the band cause there isn't one, clip it, light it and enjoy! -:sleeping:'y

Started the week with a Hoyo DC from 05 I believe (the box is in my cooler but I have a few singles in a desktop). Enjoyed it while watching The Big Lebowski. It lasted for almost the whole movie. Very smooth and savory. A bit of a tight draw but still very smokeable.

Smoked several cigars over the weekend.

PLPC which made me glad I got a 50 cab

Monte 2 which was the worst out my current batch

Monte 4 which was nice. This box took 2 year to turn the corner.

The grand labour day champion hands down was a Ramon Allones Celestios Finos. Absolutely stunning. My cigar of the year so far.

Had a great weekend of cigars all were great in there own way:

Quai D'Orsay Panetelas

Rey Del Mundo Choix Supreme

Por Larranaga Montecalos

LGC #4

Ramon Allones SSGR Benelux RR

Heading out to fire up the grill and have a VR Famosos