Your cigar of the past week?

I had the opportunity to try numerous cigars this past week.

The highlight was certainly the Partagas P1 Jar Smithy and I had Wednesday. Perhaps it hit the right buttons because of the fact that I wasn't expecting much. The medium full body combined with coffee and toasted bran appealed a great deal and it is one of the few cigars this week I can remember intricately right now.

Honourable mention to Por Larranaga Robusto (RR Asia pacific). These are coming along nicely and intensifying in sweetness which is where I was hoping they would go. Another 2-3 years and I think they will be something very special.

What rocked your boat this week?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took a break from cigars when I went camping for a week with my family in Cape Cod. Okay, we rented a cabin so I guess it's not exactly camping. When I came back I smoked an 01 Hoyo du Dauphin and a Lusitania from 08. Both were amazing and reminded me why I love cigars.

Hi Rob,

Is that Por Larranaga Robusto (RR Asia pacific) going to be available from the Czar? And if it is, will it be reasonably priced or an overpriced LE? It sounds like something worth trying for my flavor profile.

Thank you,

Curtiss

Actually just got finished smoking an Esplendido, bought a 3 pack from Czar earlier this year. Unbelievable cigar, started creamy and the build up to the spicy end was just outstanding. Im not one for the churchill size (because of time constraints) but this one has me hooked. Going to have to pick up a box of these babies

I enjoyed a Montecristo D LE2005 from my dwindling supply of the same, I sadly only have 4 left of these. It's a long and skinny with beautiful sweet chocolate throughout as well as biscuit nuances, a little honey and a hint of spice. The wrapper on these always leaves your lips tasting slight hints of saltiness and this cigar is one of the sweetest I have ever enjoyed!

Prez, if you ever get your hands on a box of these for me EVER, please give me a call asap.

Might sound a little mushy, but has anyone felt so strongly for a cigar that they liked, that it saddens them when you know it's no longer being made?

And I mean REALLY saddens you..... :2thumbs:

Partagas Corona 06 - elegant and refined start, sweet paprika/cinnamon wrapped in leather, with a scrumptious progressive body and spice build up... developing steadily into a more balanced and refined smoke. Unfortunately, only half a box left... nothing lasts for ever...

Had two in the last week an Upmann 46 and a Upmann 50.

The Upmann 50 was a pleasure to smoke quite enjoyed it. It had a rich white smoke and

the draw was very good with an even burn compared to the 46.

May have to look at getting a 10 Box :2thumbs:

Is that Por Larranaga Robusto (RR Asia pacific) going to be available from the Czar?

At the risk of stepping in front of Rob, I think the Por Larranaga Robusto he is referring to is the 2007 PCC release. As far as I can tell it is still available. It gets a bit confusing when a regional duplicates one from another region/year. Like the 2010 German release of a Por Larranaga Robusto. Or the UK, French, German releases of the RA Belicoso.

Thank goodness for Trevor's site!

Went out wih a good friend last night. We decided on a cigar and a drink in a nice smoker's lounge and I was in the mood for a longer smoke. I had my mind on either a Lusitania or a Sir Winston. When I asked the vendor he led me into the humidor and told that he had some Punch DCs left, box code FIM Jul 05. I was a bit sceptical at first (have to admit at this point that I'm not too familiar with Punch cigars) but then decided that I shouldn't miss the opportunity to try an aged cigar. What a good decision. It was so incredibly smooth and balanced, had a lovely sweetness and creaminess in the smoke, no harshness at all. I smoked it down to the nub and just loved it.

I guess this was my first cigar with some more years on it and it showed me in such a beautiful way what age can do for a cigar. Now I know what you guys are talking about when advising to put down cigars for a couple of years.

It was not only my best smoke of the last week but also this week's best two and a half hours for me. What a glorious night.

Took one of those sticks with me and I am considering buying the rest of the box. I'm going to do a review on it.

A beautiful weekend to all of you!