RIP Chuck Vaughan-LLoyd ...Tampa

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is with immense sadness that I pass on the news that great friend to the forum, great friend to Lisa, Smithy and I, Chuck Vaughan- LLoyd (Tampa 1257) passed away suddenly today at 1pm. We are di

I hate to hear this news. Chuck was always one of those guys that shared his knowledge freely. He never minced words about who/what he supported. He's a great guy and will be truly missed.

I never had a chance to meet Tampa, so I don't want to pretend to have "known" him. But after reading his posts and taking his advice for so many years, I was definitely used to having him around. What he said carried a lot of weight with me. I looked forward to his posts.

I'm a faithful man, so I'm not sad for Chuck, but I am sad for his family, friends, and we in the brotherhood, who will be deprived of his company.

Vaya con Dios Chuck!

Rest in Peace Tampa ... Today was the first time I have been on FOH in god knows how long and I come back to such sad news ... but as we can all see he was a very much cared for cigar lover, people who have been members since the site first came up are posting from long absences and its amazing. RIP Chuck.

Although I never had the pleasure of meeting Chuck, I always looked forward to reading his posts. It's unfortunate that someone so young has been taken from us, but I try to take solace in the thought that he's in a better place. Godspeed Chuck.

It's been far too long since I stopped by; and honestly I never really did post a whole bunch. Just enjoyed reading all the great reviews, the hilarious bantor, and the sage advice. That said, I don't think I'll ever be able to erase the image of Chuck AND THOSE GOD AWFUL (READ: CLASSY :D ) FLAMINGO SUNGLASSES that has been permanently etched into my brain. If you were on the board YEARS ago, I don't know how you could EVER, EVER forget that pic. Seemed like the perfect image of who he was. Always a kind word for anyone who sent something his way and one of the voices who helped build this board. THIN IS IN! RIP Tampa.

So many of us will never meet but so many of us feel we know each-other from the sense of fellowship we get from this great forum.

One of us is now gone but will forever remain in our collective hearts as a brother and a friend.

His words of wisdom and friendship will remain here for us to revisit as often as we like.

Chuck had to moderate me once and he did so with care and sensitivity, he was a gentleman and that can be a rare thing in the world of forums.

Farewell Chuck, we will remember you.

A sad time for all of us at FOH. The loss of one of our BOTL.... I wish Chuck's family all of my prayers. Though I never met Chuck in person we exchanged cigars on numerous occasions. God speed to you my man and I will see you in the afterlife.

Very sad news. While I never had the privilege of interacting directly with Chuck, I always enjoyed and learned from his posts here. When scanning the pages of posts, I would always stop at the Buccaneer avatar, knowing there was something worthwhile to read. His contributions will be missed, and my thoughts are w/ his friends and family.

I had an El Principe under the stars while bbq'ing tonight, and will have a Fundadores tomorrow in his honor.

May his memory be a blessing,

Rick

I met/knew Chuck from the HCF board. When I joined here, Chuck put up my pic & a great welcoming reply to my intro post.

He was a knowledgeable, very helpful, & kind man.

RIP Chuck, you are truly missed.