FOH'ers Daily Smoke

Ok, all right. It's a simple counterfeit then, not a farm roll. Fishy thing about it (for me) is that they are selling it openly at the farm (well, perhaps under the counter....;)). Anyways, I won't go and dig any deeper. Thanks for the explanation, @saintsmokealot!

1 hour ago, Doctorossi said:

Unless something has changed, my understanding is that the Vegas Robaina brand has never used any tobacco actually sourced from the Robaina farm, so a farm roll at the Robaina farm with a VR band, being sold as a "VR Familiar" sounds quite questionable to me, too.

Note, as well, the gold embossed "1845" statement is missing beneath the "R" on that band.

The "1845" is right there on the band (bit hard to spot due to the light).

Purportedly, if any then only wrappers would be used for VR. Cuchillas de Barbacoa, as most farms in San Luis, is famous for their tabaco tapado mainly.

• Like 3

• Replies 88k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

4 hours ago, Fugu said:

Ok, all right. It's a simple counterfeit then, not a farm roll. Fishy thing about it (for me) is that they are selling it openly at the farm (well, perhaps under the counter....;)). Anyways, I won't go and dig any deeper. Thanks for the explanation, @saintsmokealot!

The "1845" is right there on the band (bit hard to spot due to the light).

Purportedly, if any then only wrappers would be used for VR. Cuchillas de Barbacoa, as most farms in San Luis, is famous for their tabaco tapado mainly.

All good Fugu please dig as deep as needed. If this is so fishy perhaps it has been a while since you have visited Cuba.

After discussing this thread with my wife she informed of pics I forgot we had. Please notice the cigars with VR, Monte, and Cohiba labels on top of the table out in the open for sale.

For conspiracy theorist please note I am wearing the same shirt in both pics. 

20161209_142251_1503350229852.jpg

Screenshot_20170821-171757_1503350286292.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fugu said:

First Short Churchill ever for me, bought some singles back in 2011 (so, guess '10 or early '11 production) and somehow forgot about them. Not my fave format, always saw it more as one of those gimmicky "modern" cigars (the name alone! A no-no!) and this particular one felt more like >52 ring gauge compared to the others. But was in the mood for shorter smoke with a bit more smoke volume. Slightly looser draw than preferred but ok, and going along with the occasional wonky burn....

But - man....: What... A.... Smoke!!

Intense and rich, tasted like it looked like - dark chocolate combined with fruity (cherry?) notes and with concentrated toasted tobacco flavour, ramping up till the end, with some woody notes on top. Lasted me more than 90 min. Ho-ly sh*t!! That came completely unexpected. Deeply impressed by that stick. Is that an Ex.4 on steroids?!

Question to the more regular smokers of this one - has that been a lucky one-off or is that representative of that cigar? How about current production? Not so often seen mentioned on here, seems the Wide Church is more popular?

ShCh_11_1.thumb.JPG.256106266514b7087b5fd42db59a070c.JPGShCh_11_2.thumb.JPG.1bcc068668de4dfb469d3d1acfb04689.JPG

Can't answer any of your questions as I've only had a single short church...but the wrapper on that one is exquisite! Yum! 

• Like 4

The cigar that wasn't...

It wasn't made well. It wasn't that good. It wasn't filled properly. It wasn't worth what I put into it.

It did light, make smoke and cost me money. It wasn't a lot, but enough to know I wasn't considered much when it was made.

It was a 2007 Monte #4. It wasn't a good choice of a cigar. It wasn't a good investment in time. It wasn't a good investment in humidor space. It wasn't as good as it should or could have been.

It was a waste of tobacco!

599bdba779374_2017-08-2115_33_19.thumb.jpg.8e1f73d8408a275a34d91109bacf96f2.jpg

599bdbc6b7e8b_2017-08-2115_55_50.thumb.jpg.b8c08638fb15a5eeddfe8f35c8636b00.jpg

Cheers! -Piggy

• Sad 3

25 minutes ago, BuzzArd said:

Nope.  I was only doing 75...

Sorry mate didn't meant to criticise, my mate was nearly paralysed by someone driving whilst texting in UK.  I didn't stop to think that you're probably on huge American? Australian? roads with nobody around. Shouldn't of said anything, this is not the place

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 99call said:

Sorry mate didn't meant to criticise, my mate was nearly paralysed by someone driving whilst texting in UK.  I didn't stop to think that you're probably on huge American? Australian? roads with nobody around. Shouldn't of said anything, this is not the place

Sorry to hear about your pal.   Snapped photo on a huge country road.  No traffic, without even looking.  Definitely did NOT edit and post while moving.  Promise that.  

Just now, BuzzArd said:

Sorry to hear about your pal.   Snapped photo without even looking.  Definitely did NOT edit and post while moving.  Promise that.  

No need to explain anything dude, the truth is, in life you just collect certain sensitivites to stuff and kneejerk comment without thinking (or at least I do). Everyone on here are pretty level headed sensible people, I'm sure you didn't take any undue risk with either yours or anyone else's safety. I shouldn't of said anything.

My mate is fine (unbelievably,) crushed pelvis, and loads of other stuff, He took a crate of beer to the firemen that saved him, and they freaked out, they were sure he was dead. Doctors are miracle workers these days.

• Like 2