• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

16 hours ago, zeedubbya said:

First poor Winnie I've had. 2011..may be a potential storage problem. I knew this when I picked them up super cheap though. Possibly bad time in its development-fingers crossed. Very mild with an unpleasant bitterness. Burn was good though. ebe73fa95cbfacd1461279a2b6ee4145.jpg

You figure it could be the outdoor conditions? Wrapper definitely looks a little pale and flat for a SW. Best of luck on the rest of the box!

For me, last night was a Fuente Opus no 4 (mareva size, or thereabouts) from Dec '16. I used to say 90-95 percent of what I smoke was CC - it's more like 99 percent these days. I wanted something different, I usually opt for a Fuente and this sucker delivered. While needing several more years to add depth to the flavors (and cure out some of the nicotine), the creamy oak, Dominican earth and slight cinnamon/sweet kitchen spice was fairly balanced.

I stored it in my smoke-now humi for months next to piles of CC and it neither took on the aromas/flavors from its Havana neighbors, nor did I pick up any of the trademark Opus notes on any of cigars that were stored on top of it; the Montecarlos tasted like Montecarlos, the Party Shorts tasted like Party Shorts and the snozberries tasted like snozberries.

AME OCT 13 RASCC this morning. There seemed to be 2 phenotypes in the last few boxes of these - about half are utterly brilliant, complex and develop in a dramatic way throughout. The other half are strong on coffee, wood and earth without changing much. This was one of the latter - still good, but I'm putting most of my RA futures in the Specially Selected.

• Like 3