Let's talk about watches...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lange 1 in rose gold. Took a little while to arrive.

The only priceless watch in my collection. My Mom told me if I graduated college w a 4.0 GPA she would buy me whatever watch I wanted for graduation. It proved to be good motivation and my Dad almost

New early 40th birthday gift for myself. Omega Seamaster Diver 300  

Have a Suunto Titanium D3 I use as a bottom timer for mixed gas and cave diving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whats the cave diving like in NZ?

Spent some time in SA chasing caves a couple of years ago with an eye to head to Florida and dive Wakulla but life got in the way

Whats the cave diving like in NZ?

Spent some time in SA chasing caves a couple of years ago with an eye to head to Florida and dive Wakulla but life got in the way

Caves in NZ are deep, cold and remote, dived Riwaka resurgence once was epic :)

Also spent 7 weeks in Florida diving with JJ had the time off my life then hit Bermuda on the way home...some of vuraqugu.jpgthe most beautiful caves I've ever dived.

6era2a4a.jpg

Caves in NZ are deep, cold and remote, dived Riwaka resurgence once was epic :)

Also spent 7 weeks in Florida diving with JJ had the time off my life then hit Bermuda on the way home...some of vuraqugu.jpgthe most beautiful caves I've ever dived.

6era2a4a.jpg

Awesome!

You ever dive any Aus caves?

What do you guys think of Orient watches? Japanese movements, great price.

I am considering adding one as a daily to my Breitling, Bell&Ross, and Panerai.

My daily stalwart is a Datejust. I never have to take it off for anything at all, it's indestructible, and after having been serviced in Switzerland last year, keeps amazing time; it gains around 10 seconds per month.

Rolex2_zps22b9977b.jpg

• Like 1

I believe some of IWCs watches use in house movements, but not all of them. I believe the Portugese Chrono uses ETAs movement. Glashutte is owned by the swatch group as well. Don't get me wrong though. the Glashutte Original is a great brand, and better than a Rolex Breitling or an Omega any day of the week regardless of movement.

You're right about the ETA sourced Valjoux 7750 base use in the Portuguese Chrono. The Valjoux 7750 is a fantastic chromo. movement and is a very dependable workhorse, just sounds like a cement mixer when the winding rotor oscillates. My PAM 25 houses a 7750 with chrono module removed. It's been a fantastically dependable watch.

Unless I'm mistaken, all G.O. movements were designed in-house as singularly G.O. movements. The fact that Swatch Group now owns G.O. doesn't change that.

What do you guys think of Orient watches? Japanese movements, great price.

I am considering adding one as a daily to my Breitling, Bell&Ross, and Panerai.

I own a few. They're nice time pieces, the movement is as good as you can get without going up a significant price bracket.

• Like 1

Love timepieces as well, I just never have had the opportunity to really indulge in a nice quality one. I've been hinting seriously to my wife about a Tag Heuer or a Rolex Submariner for years......I figure at some point she'll cave.

I'm happy enough that she caves for the cigar purchases ;)

I'm currently wearing a titanium citizen Eco drive and had been looking for an Oris lefty that you had Rob but can't find one (I'm not a lefty but broke my left arm twice playing rugby so got into the habit of wearing watch on right arm) so looking at an Omega Moonwatch Apollo 15 40th anniversary watch now....unless Smithy knows of any leftys going?

I really want a Panerai Luminor Marina 1950.

I was looking at these originally but decided it was too much right now but what a magnificent looking watch....then your post had me looking at them again the rest of the day and now i think i have no choice but to double my budget and pick one up as i have an opportunity to get one locally as luck would have it, thanks lol

Am I the only one here who has difficulties in finding a watch that doesn't look ridiculously oversized?

As much as I love the looks of some of the watches today, unfortunately I have such small, girly wrists that most watches look like I've strapped a wall clock to my arm.

Nick.

Check out patek philippe

My favourite watch is a VC Patrimonie Traditionelle... simple and understated which I like. So happens I'm also wearing my favourite cufflinks today - which were probably made by Swatch? I dunno!

Screen_Shot_2014_03_27_at_3_51_36_pm.png

Screen_Shot_2014_03_27_at_3_52_00_pm.png

Sweet cuff links. I want.

• JohnS changed the title to Let's talk about watches...